Author Topic: How old should you be to ride in a Moke?  (Read 2646 times)

moemoke

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Personal Text
    Moe, Victoria
Re: How old should you be to ride in a Moke?
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2010, 06:54:39 PM »
well said essceelle. i believe that whilst the moke doesnt have air bags it was engineered better, so will withstand impact better without crumpling. both my children have been introduced to the moke at an early age, and both children love the moke. i have even promised my children that they can have a moke as their first car. i also believe that other people notice/see a moke a lot easier than the average car, because it is a little unusual. i have also seen a moke after a pretty bad collision and it has come out quite well.

i know how spicey feels because quite a few years ago i had a new set of tires fitted. a few days later i was driving along and heard a funny noise, so stopped checked everything out, but couldnt find anything so decided to do a blockie and go home. just as i turned a slight bend my front lefthand wheel came of and i went skidding across the road. it is scary at the time but i still love my moke, and love that my kids love the moke.

Dynky aka mrs moemoke
1976 Moke 1275cc (Dynky),
1976 Moke(Scarlet) current project,
1974 Moke with Suzuki GTI motor (project), 
1975 Moke rust bucket,
1967 Moke rust bucket

Nickomokeo

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2010, 07:12:15 PM »
Moe - tell us the rest of the story - why did the wheel come off?

appache

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2010, 10:54:35 PM »
Just a point here I'm curious about. A few people have mentioned that they drive differently when they have kids in the car.  Now, I drive daily on what the press would have you believe is the most dangerous road in Australia (and of COURSE it's the road's fault ::)) and I'm wondering if some of the moronic/suicidal behaviour that I see coming from drivers would cease if they had their kids in the car? Then I wonder, well, what about the children in the OTHER cars? I mean, you might drive like a saint with the kids in the car, but like a demon without them, either way, if you crash people get hurt whether they were in your car, someone elses or pedestrians. I guess what I'm trying to say is that perhaps everyone should drive as if they have the most precious things in their lives in the car with them ALL THE TIME - then maybe a few less people would be killed on the roads each year.

Just 2c from someone who it's continually dissappointed with the disregard that some people have for other people's lives (Please note, this comment is NOT aimed at anyone specificaly, but fueled by the crazieness I see daily)