Author Topic: Sydney IMD 2012  (Read 2239 times)

Samm

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Sydney IMD 2012
« on: July 09, 2012, 10:43:52 AM »
Hi guys,
Thought to get the ideas flowing early to make sure something eventuates this year.

I had a bit of a run planned from when we last did the wollongong run so might be a nice chance to do it.

Would basically include a cruisey run out to Echo Point to see the 3 Sisters and then back through Hawkesbury Rd which is a great road to drive especially in the moke with a lookout and some twisty bits. Figured we could come back via Windsor and grab some fish and chips or a pie and sit in the park to enjoy the lunch. Then its another cruisey run back through for those to go their separate ways.

The first half to Echo Point would mainly be freeway driving but the way back a bit less droney no boring.

A quick google maps plot makes Echo Point about an hour from the Westbound M4 Maccas, about an hour from Echo Point back to Windsor and probably about the same to get back to the Maccas if that's where people wish to depart.

Should be a nice day easy day.

I'm open to suggestions but thought to make my own as well.

Samm

ainsley

• Past or Inactive member
  • Registered Member

Re: Sydney IMD 2012
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 06:49:24 PM »
Hi Samm,

Sorry for the slow reply. If I'm in the Country I'd be up for this and no doubt Nikkers will be  :)

Still hoping to book a ticket somewhere but will let you know if that fails..

mellowyellow

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 08:06:00 PM »
I hope to be on this run. Just depends if I get back from an outback trip on time the day before.
1980 Moke Californian 1275 - The minibeast

Yellow Mokes Rule!

appache

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 08:33:38 AM »
Samm, can you post up a google maps link showing the route that you mean please?

TD0077

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 08:36:22 PM »
 HI Samm
 Was trying to join you for this, sounds great.
 but 0077 is on it,s side with no floors and is unlikely to be on the road again by then, Pauline's little wheeler (the green lantern)
 she likes that name is close to rego but I don't think I'll have it done by then.If things change we will join in.
 Terry
td

Newie

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• 2022 Moke Round Up www.mokeroundup.com.au

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 12:27:47 AM »
FYI guys (EDIT - and girls.....sorry, there's nearly more girls than guys down there now  :) ) IMD falls on the long weekend this year in NSW,  ACT, SA and WA.

That may help some and take others out ?

Newie

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 02:06:58 PM »
Hi,

do you have a plan yet, or at least a firm meeting point and time for the Sydney run yet?

Terry

Samm

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2012, 04:14:38 PM »
Hi guys,
Was really slack not getting maps and details sorted.
But due to the lack of Sydney interest and the fact that the
southerners are planning a do I figured I'd join in with them
if if I could.

Samm

ainsley

• Registered Member

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 12:07:32 AM »
So.... nothing official planned for Sydney but being that this was my first IMD that I was actually in the country for since becoming aware of its existence I jumped in the moke for a scenic trip from Kellyville via the Berowra Ferry up the old Pacific Hwy to Gosford and the Somersby Falls + back.

Excuse my crappy iphone pics, they really don't do this spot justice...

My moke's first "river" puddle crossing  :-\

It's not India or Nepal that I was in this year, still amazing bit of OZ and it beats being in Asia watching you lot post pic's for a day I wasn't involved in!

Samm

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 03:14:12 AM »
Well done Ainsley!

If I knew you were keen you could have joined up with the South Coat guys with me.
Looks like you had an awesome day anyways.

Nice shots- might have to get you to take me on that run one day.

Samm

ainsley

• Registered Member

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 02:37:50 PM »
Thanks Samm,

I kept quiet about this run as my car has a 'knocking' noise that I was monitoring... South coast was just a little bit too far for me in case I had to turn back  :-\ Plus, I enjoyed a very reasonable start time of 11am  ;D

Looks like a great day for you guys too!

This would make a great Sydney run... Round trip from mine was about 5 hours with a short stop at the pub in Erina for a drink with friends. I'm also told that there is a way to drive dirt roads down to the 5th level of the falls enabling a picture in the water with the falls in the back ground. Had a quick look around but will have to clarify with my source exactly which dirt road to take. One for next time? Could even combine a run with the north coast mob..