Author Topic: And they're off......  (Read 8198 times)

Halfpint

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

• MOKE Pilot

• Personal Text
    It's not where you go, it's how you get there !
Re: And they're off......
« Reply #105 on: October 09, 2013, 07:03:26 AM »
Really enjoyed all the pics and stories Homey. Thanks.
Glad to hear you had such a good run over and back.
HP
The happiest of people don't always have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have.

mellowyellow

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #106 on: October 09, 2013, 08:02:22 AM »
I realyy enjoyed the travelogue Homey. Next best thing to being there. I reckon you have now graduated to "Ace Reporter".
You know you are expected to do this on all your future trips now don't you?  ;)

Looks like a few landmarks have changed a bit since I drove the nullabor in 1980 in a Honda Civic hatchback.
Thanks again.  :)
1980 Moke Californian 1275 - The minibeast

Yellow Mokes Rule!

shorty 68

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• Must stop drinking WT

• Personal Text
    Still smiling
« Reply #107 on: October 09, 2013, 08:25:30 AM »
Yes they have mellow lots of things have changed and gotten run down as well. Maintanence just seams to not happen out there. But still they charge top money for things.
1973 moke the Boss
1978 moke John the cali

biddy

• Past or Inactive member
  • Registered Member

« Reply #108 on: October 09, 2013, 08:33:34 AM »
So glad you got home safe and sound.  It was wonderful meeting you all even though it was waaaay too short.  I am really looking forward to the next Mokefest (or is it Moke Muster) in Tasmania and seeing everyone who came over West as well as some of the envious people who could not be there in person but kept up to date with events and travels on this forum.  Thank you to everyone who was involved especially Terry for co-ordinating the whole event and making it happen.  If anyone has a good picture or pictures of the IMD gathering at Midland then I would love it/them as I did not take any myself.  Big mistake :'(
See you all again soon I hope.  Bridget

mokercar

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• Wishin' and Hopin'

• Personal Text
    Found 'WILMA'
« Reply #109 on: October 11, 2013, 08:11:53 PM »
Hi ALL, glad to hear that everyone made it back over this side. Thanks for all the informative posts, updates and pics great job and gave us a nice visual of the goings on. Nice to see familiar faces and new ones. I would have liked to be there to give 'Jack' a pat. Alas not to be maybe (hopefully) next time! Wilma is still sulking as am I. Really have to get busy working on her now..... don't want to miss out again. Cheers all and welcome home! Sue and 'Wilma'.
Mid life crisis (if I live to 100) "Second Childhood"                                                          PUSH TO THE LIMIT!!!       "It's All in The Game"