Author Topic: Chicken Shed Recovery Project  (Read 12220 times)

Moke My Day

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Re: Chicken Shed Recovery Project
« Reply #150 on: May 28, 2020, 09:56:50 AM »
I like the garden hose on the breathers, is that so you can flush the oil out  ;D

What diff ratio did you have before, curious to know how it will go towing with the 3.9.

Andrew that garden hose is very expensive silicone stuff and will be piped into the manifold using pcv's once I work out which direction they are fitted.
I was previously running 3.44 diff and I too will be keen to see how it tows my camper however 1st I need to fit a towbar.

Moke My Day

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #151 on: May 28, 2020, 10:05:46 AM »
Looking the goods there mate!

Whats the big anderson plug for?

Samm
Sam thanks for noticing the Anderson Plug, I have become a bit fan of them with about a dozen in my camper trailer thanks to ideas from Halfpint.
Then Sharadust told me about some heavy duty ones. It will be mounted onto the bracket for the brake booster (another job to be done)  and allows connects for battery charging and also jumper starter without the need to remove the grille. All preparation for our plan trips in 2021/22. Also because I have too much time to waste on the Moke.

Samm

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #152 on: May 28, 2020, 01:50:57 PM »
Sam thanks for noticing the Anderson Plug, I have become a bit fan of them with about a dozen in my camper trailer thanks to ideas from Halfpint.
Then Sharadust told me about some heavy duty ones. It will be mounted onto the bracket for the brake booster (another job to be done)  and allows connects for battery charging and also jumper starter without the need to remove the grille. All preparation for our plan trips in 2021/22. Also because I have too much time to waste on the Moke.

Nice one. I was going to say it looks like its set up to jump start but good thinking for charging. Alot of trucks have them like that I think.

Samm