Author Topic: Tamworth Round Up 2014 - October 22 - 26  (Read 6491 times)

mokercar

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• Wishin' and Hopin'

• Personal Text
    Found 'WILMA'
Re: Tamworth Round Up 2014 - October 22 - 26
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2014, 07:04:11 PM »
Hi All..... Well, have some good news and some bad news...... Went to 2b's for the week end to work on 'Wilma' to get her ready for Tammy, good news is we got a lot of work done on the front end putting in Hi Lows, ball joints and so on, one ball joint was the wrong size so have to wait for the right one to turn up. I will be going down again in a couple of weeks to put in a reco'ed steering column (with heaps of help from 2b) so hoping to get a lot more done then. Anyway the bad news....... may not be able to get her done in time so........ putting it out there.... is there anyone with a spare seat for me to tag along in the event that 'she' is not ready in time? I would be greatful to hear from someone who is game enough to put their hand up. I promise I will try really hard to act my age...... a warning though I am going into my second childhood. Thanks to Newie for the reply to my earlier question. I have been having huge computor issues. Fingers crossed for a favorable reply to my request! Cheers to everyone Sue.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 01:51:22 AM by mokercar »
Mid life crisis (if I live to 100) "Second Childhood"                                                          PUSH TO THE LIMIT!!!       "It's All in The Game"

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2014, 09:35:15 PM »
Hi All..... Well, have some good news and some bad news...... Went to 2b's for the week end to work on 'Wilma' to get her ready for Tammy, good news is we got a lot of work done on the front end putting in Hi Lows ball joints and so on, one was the wrong size so have to wait for the right one to turn up. I will be going down again in a couple of weeks to put in a reco'ed steering column (with heaps of help from 2b) so hoping to get a lot more done then. Anyway the bad news....... may not be able to get her done in time so........ putting it out there is there anyone with a spare seat for me to tag along in the event that 'she' is not ready in time? I would be greatful to hear from someone who is game enough to put their hand up. I promise I will try really hard to act my age...... a warning though I am going into my second childhood. Thanke to Newie for the reply to my earlier question. I have been having huge computor issues. Fingers crossed for a favorable reply to my request! Cheers to everyone Sue.

I don't see M2B on the Cool Kids list so just take his Moke and he can finish yours off while you are away. :)

Terry

mokercar

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• Wishin' and Hopin'

• Personal Text
    Found 'WILMA'
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2014, 01:49:02 AM »
Thanks Terry for the suggestion but sadly 2b's project is still a few years away from completion. He sold his other moke to help finance the work on the one he's doing up. Still got fingers crossed...... Cheers. Sue.
Mid life crisis (if I live to 100) "Second Childhood"                                                          PUSH TO THE LIMIT!!!       "It's All in The Game"

Farkles

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• Personal Text
    Farkles
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2014, 09:05:10 PM »
Hi folks we live in st georges basin nsw. Are there any other mokers living near us who are heading to Tamworth and would like to travel together, cheers

shorty 68

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• Must stop drinking WT

• Personal Text
    Still smiling
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2014, 10:02:49 PM »
When are you going as I thing mazy is going. They are in Nowra.
1973 moke the Boss
1978 moke John the cali

Mazy

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2014, 11:16:07 PM »
Hi gj,

Welcome to the Moke Forum!

Yes, we are in Callala Bay and are planning on leaving for Tamworth on Tues 21st to be ready for action the next day. You're welcome to travel with us if the date suits!

Ps.....is your Moke by chance the pink one with grey canopy spotted recently in Vincentia??

Mazy

KMC

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

• 2024 Moke Round Up

« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2014, 01:02:19 PM »
Hi Mazy,

We have a pink Moker on the mailing list (but not yet registered) who had just bought a "hot pink ex-military '73 Moke" back in April, when he signed up.

Hopefully we'll see it at Tamworth, as it does sound interesting.

..KMC.

2024 Moke Round Up Tamworth : www.MokeRoundUp.com.au

Farkles

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• Personal Text
    Farkles
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2014, 05:25:02 PM »
Yes we are the owners of the pink moke with grey canopy, always wanted a pink moke and hubby and friends obliged. We have booked in from the Tues at Austin Park but will be having at least one overnight stay as I had a major operation 5 weeks ago and I'm ecstatic that we are able to come, even if it is at a bit slower pace lol. Happy to share ph number but not sure how it is done on the forum. Can't wait to meet everyone. Cheers gj TCFTCY

KMC

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

• 2024 Moke Round Up

« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2014, 06:08:22 PM »
Hi Grammyjan,

The best way to share your phone number with others on the Forum is by sending a PM (Personal Message). Do this by selecting "My Messages" from the navigation bar at the top of the screen, then select "New Message".

..KMC.

MokeBear

• Past or Inactive member
  • Registered Member

• Do Bears moke in the woods ?

• Personal Text
    Don't feed the Bears
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2014, 04:11:48 PM »
woot woot.... booked my cabin at Moke central and registered up.

Myself and another moker are heading out of the central coast area on Thursday for a leisurely run up to Tamworth arriving at Moke central in the afternoon in time for the sausage sizzle and everyone getting back from Thursdays drive.

If there's any other mokers that are heading up on Thursday, you're more than welcome to join our little (2 cars so far, maybe 3) convoy and tag along with us.

send me a message if interested. we will be heading out of Tuggerah on the central coast via the old roads through Cessnock, Singleton, Muswellbrook etc. Also happy to meet anyone along the way as well.

Looking forward to this one for a while as it's my first Tamworth roundup. See you all there !
Who's driving? The Bear!! OMG! who let the Bear drive?

73 'Old-blu'-moke
81  Galv Moke - soon to be TONKA MOKE !

KMC

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

• 2024 Moke Round Up

« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2014, 05:06:01 PM »
woot woot.... booked my cabin at Moke central and registered up.

Good to hear, Bear. Rego has been received.

It's a good time to remind everyone to register once you've done all the boring stuff like book rec leave etc  :) . Last check with Moke Central (Austin) there were still some cabins left as well as plenty of powered and unpowered sites.

..KMC.

Pozza

• Registered Member

« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2014, 08:07:31 PM »
Hi Bear shall try to catch you as you passing through Cessnock  unfortunately we can't leave until Friday look forward to getting there
 Kmc am I registered can' t remember if I have done everything
 Pozza

shorty 68

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• Must stop drinking WT

• Personal Text
    Still smiling
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2014, 08:09:20 PM »
What time are you leaving pozza on friday.  :)
1973 moke the Boss
1978 moke John the cali

Pozza

• Registered Member

« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2014, 08:16:36 PM »
Hi shorty we fairly flexible if Pauline gets the Friday off anytime after 10 if she doesn't around 1 pm

shorty 68

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• Must stop drinking WT

• Personal Text
    Still smiling
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2014, 08:19:49 PM »
No worries will be leaving around 9 - 10.30am if everything goes to plain.
Cheers Shorty  :)
1973 moke the Boss
1978 moke John the cali