Author Topic: Welcome to the Australian Moke Forum  (Read 4207 times)

Moke2b

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• Personal Text
    3 Mokes were too many...
Welcome to the Australian Moke Forum
« on: July 01, 2014, 12:11:24 AM »
Hi All and welcome to the new look house. We’ve painted some walls and hung a few pictures to give a better feel and look and add a bit of value to the place.  You may notice the Forum name has been changed to Australian Moke Forum along with the domain name which has changed to www.mokeforum.com.au. There has been an automatic redirection put in place but perhaps you may like to save the new address to your favourites!

Logging in you will notice a few new boards in the Registered Members area.  These are not visible if you are not logged in and we welcome all who are not currently logged in to do so or join up. Here is what you can expect:
Moke Blogs :  Here you can post all you wish in your own Thread. Much like the Garage but wholly a blog for the author and the author only.
Moke Adventures :  This is a new place for Moke trips. The FSG thought it deserved its own place so the members who want to share any trips or events whether great or small can do so.

One of the tasks the Forum Support Group has undertaken is to how best to protect our Forum and its members. As the Forum has grown and attracted more people to the world of online Moking, issues have arisen that have negatively impacted the Forum and its members.  This has resulted in a Code of Conduct being formulated which has been put in place to assist those who are charged with running of the forum.  Please read the CoC in full.  Questions can be directed to any FSG member for further information. For any reason at anytime this document may change to properly support the Forum and its day to day running.

Link to Code of Conduct

Picture headers and footers are something we have been able to add in the new look. A great big thanks to those who sent in photos to Moke2B a few weeks back which were used for testing, in time you may see your photo pop up. We will always be chasing photos so if you wish to contribute and your photos are suitable we would love to use them - please contact Ginger ninja or Moke2b to contribute.

As part of the theme we are using, some will notice that when using a portable device some buttons will require a double touch to activate.  This is unavoidable and apart of the theme's design, as a suggestion we have found the little house and board’s line under the login button can help you navigate on a mobile device.  If you wish to change your theme anyone in the FSG can instruct you how to change your theme for your login to another theme, however you will lose some features.  Some users will see pictures are cropped a little on the right hand side.  The new layout as been designed to work with screen sizes between 764 pixels and 1280 pixels which covers most desktop and tablet environments and we are considering a more mobile device friendly view for the future.  We have done testing and found that the best overall format  for header and footer pictures was left justified however, this will in no way impact the performance of the Forum.

Most would be aware of Terry Pollard as being the creator of the original Forum at www.moke.com.au which has through time grown and become what we have now.  Terry has stepped back from the running of the forum to focus on other things leaving the Forum Support Group and the Custodians responsible for the care of the Australian Moke Forum.  As a collective we would like to thank Terry for all his efforts for the online Moke community.  Terry will still be around and we look forward to his input and help.

There are two groups to maintain and help the forum and all that it provides. Whilst each member in any of the below groups does what they can to assist the Forum below is a brief description of what they are responsible for.

The Forum Support Group:  Is tasked with managing the day to day running of the Forum and soliciting peoples ideas and feedback for improvements, discussing them and managing their implementation where appropriate.

The Custodians: Are responsible for the interests of Mokes Inc. and the Australian Moke Forum along with other initiatives such as events like Tamworth, MokeFest and Mokin' Downunder.

Moderators:  Although not a group, people in the role of Moderator are there to keep the posts within the guidelines and coach newer members on Forum etiquette to improve the experience for everyone.

The FSG and Custodians are always interested in making the Australian Moke Forum a better place for its members and as such welcome input to make our Forum better.  There are a few more things in the pipeline so our work is always in progress!

From the FSG. Enjoy  :) .
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 12:11:24 AM by KMC »
80 Californian Moke project

Moke My Day

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Re: Welcome to the Australian Moke Forum
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 08:23:48 AM »
Congratulations to all those involved with the change, love the new colours and the initial image at top of page (Still one of my greatest moments).
Also like the easy access to unread post since last visit and replies to post tags under login (if they were there before I hadn't noticed).
Again well done, and thanks Terry for providing the foundation over the past 10?? years.

melbournerob

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 08:28:10 AM »
Thanks to the Team who have worked tirelessly in the background - the new format is great! Keep up the fantastic work.

Rob
1973 Export Moke (Dad's Toy)
1972 Standard Moke (Dad's Toy 2)

and a garage full of spare parts/rusty bits...

Peter L

• Registered Member

• Personal Text
    Canberra
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 08:46:39 AM »
+1
You have done a great job with the design and content.  Thanks to all involved.
I mirror MMD in thanking Terry for all his efforts over such a long period.

Peterl L
Peter L
You're never too old to have a happy childhood
1980 998 Cali. "The Stealth"

shorty 68

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• Must stop drinking WT

• Personal Text
    Still smiling
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 09:00:44 AM »
Yes do like the new forum, as I don't like change but this is very upbeat and do like the green car on my avatar.  :)
Cheers Shorty
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 07:12:42 PM by shorty 68 »
1973 moke the Boss
1978 moke John the cali

KMC

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

• 2020 Moke Round Up www.mokeroundup.com.au

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 09:08:15 AM »
Yes do like the new as I don't like change but this is very upbeat and do like the green car on my avatar.  :)
Cheers Shorty
Thanks Shorty - the green was chosen "just for you" ;) (and for all the other green owners!)

mellowyellow

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 09:49:52 AM »
Well done to all the people who have been beavering away in the background. I haven't had a good look at the new format yet, but what I've seen looks pretty good.  :)
1980 Moke Californian 1275 - The minibeast

Yellow Mokes Rule!

Biggles

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 10:01:40 AM »
G'day,
       I go a way for a few days and look what happens :o.
It looks great and the new name is too. I've been part of
this forum for over 6 years and have watched it grow into
the valuable resource it is now and I'm proud to part of it.
Having spent a couple of years behind the scenes I know
how much work is involved in keeping things running along
so to those people who have put the time and effort into
making these changes I wish to thank you. Specially To
Terry who got it off the ground and to the friends I've made
along the way via this forum. Keep up the good work.
              Go the moke ;D

Biggles

Newie

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• 2020 Moke Round Up www.mokeroundup.com.au

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2014, 02:11:08 PM »
Having spent a couple of years behind the scenes I know
how much work is involved in keeping things running along
so to those people who have put the time and effort into
making these changes I wish to thank you.

Well I'm still behind the scenes  :). Although I did contribute a bit to the changes, there were several others who put in waaaay more effort in making this happen.

With that in mind I think it's fair for me to say that it looks great and there are a lot of new features, both obvious and subtle (and some you will never notice) which I think will make this a great step ahead for the Forum.

I'm sure the praise and thanks given to the people who have made it happen is appreciated and well deserved, but I would also like to point out that most people on here would not comprehend the huge amount of effort that has been put in by the group overall and several individuals in particular amongst the Custodians and Forum Support Group to get it to this stage. I know that if I hadn't been involved in the process, I'd probably look at this and think it looks good and a nice change of scenery, but I wouldn't have understood immediately that it's so much more than that. I certainly wouldn't have dreamed of the amount of work that went into it and the dedication, persistance and drive of a few select members over the past 6 months, without which it would have been all too easy several times to give up and keep on saying "we should do this one day".

We're not stopping here either. There are a few other ideas in the works for the near future and hopefully the development will be ongoing and the Forum will continue to improve well into the future.

Newie

kerryned

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2014, 05:16:29 PM »
WOW !!!

Great job Guys, new look is fantastic.

Well done to all involved.

Ed

martin

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2014, 06:03:56 PM »
Well done guys, the forum looks great!
Thank you for all the effort that keeps it going.
With out this site I'm a very lonely moker!!   :'(
Martin
Retired Stormtrooper

Manly Moke

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• Personal Text
    my moke
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2014, 06:31:30 PM »
im not big on words but this looks Great
thanks to all behind the scene that keep the site going and to all for there on going knowledge
Shane
mokes enjoy for what they are

OldMate

• Past or Inactive member
  • Registered Member

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2014, 12:41:32 AM »
This is different. Good different.
Solid work fellas

Stocky

• Past or Inactive member
  • Registered Member

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2014, 10:21:22 PM »
Hi I rarely contribute,but regularly visit the site. To all of you who do contribute ,well done and keep it up. One feature which has disappeared and was most helpful peviously but I can no longer find is the " New posts since last login" section. Is that still available and if so can you advise how I might  find this. 

Ginger ninja

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2014, 10:28:23 PM »
Hey stocky, check out the top right, you should see your name and underneath that the phrase "show unread posts since last visit" it should be in orange.

I'd be lost with out it too.