Author Topic: West Coast Wander  (Read 1277 times)

Moke My Day

• Standard
  • Registered Member

West Coast Wander
« on: January 31, 2015, 10:08:59 AM »
Four weeks from now and the WCW will be underway across the North West Coast of Tasmania.
Currently we have 28 Mokes registered and knowledge of maybe a couple more.
There is still time for you to join us and share the Mokin' experience.
4 weeks today we travel from Devonport to Stanley travelling all day with Bass Strait out our drivers window (sorry opening as it will be too hot to have the sides down).
Stops will include Penguin, Makers Workshop Burnie, Wonders of Wynyard (car museum) and Dip Falls before arriving at Moke Central Stanley.

77Devil

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Re: West Coast Wander
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 04:04:18 PM »
Sounds great Rod.  Any chance we can duck off the group and spend a few hours at the Helyers Road Whisky Distilery on our way through Burnie?  I am starting to run my stocks low at home and there is nothing like drinking, straight from the barrel.

Cheers

Dev
The Angry Ant has overcome 77Devil.
Watch out for the Ant!

HAG

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• Personal Text
    No, no, no, yes
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 06:00:44 PM »
They still have the photos from last time you were there Dev.......!!!!!!

If it has Tit's or Tires....It'll take  your money!

ONLY A MOKER UNDERSTANDS WHY DOGS LIKE TO STICK THEIR HEADS OUT OF CAR WINDOWS

Moke My Day

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 08:10:34 PM »
Sounds great Rod.  Any chance we can duck off the group and spend a few hours at the Helyers Road Whisky Distilery on our way through Burnie?  I am starting to run my stocks low at home and there is nothing like drinking, straight from the barrel.

Cheers

Dev
that is my concern Dev, could turn into a long stop and Mokes left in the carpark as drivers are unable to find their way out the door.
Ok for you to make a detour and pick up a supply for us all to enjoy once we get to Stanley.

77Devil

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 08:14:18 PM »
Looks like I might have to go down Tuesday and you can pour me into the back of a Moke on Saturday.
The Angry Ant has overcome 77Devil.
Watch out for the Ant!

shorty 68

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• Must stop drinking WT

• Personal Text
    Still smiling
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 01:06:20 PM »
Looks like fun. Do love a drop or two. ::)
1973 moke the Boss
1978 moke John the cali

Moke My Day

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2015, 04:27:20 PM »
After drinking all Dev's and Shorty's whiskey, day 2 (remember only 4 weeks today) we have an early start for some with a climb of the Nut.
We then take a short drive into Smithton where we stop for fuel and to purchase something for lunch if you haven't already packed your picnic lunch and blanket.
We will then offer two options to our next stopping point Ann Beach, for those wanting 20km of dirt road they will head out via Montagu whilst the rest will travel directly to Marrawah with just a km of dirt road to the beach and the West Coast of Tasmania and the Indian Ocean.
We will then take the short drive to Arthurs River and lunch at 'Edge of the World".
Returning back to Moke Central at Stanley will be via a lookout and Edith Creek, along the way we will show those doing the Western Explorer the next day there starting point of 80km of dirt road.

Moke My Day

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 07:50:33 AM »
Day 3 (4 weeks today) is another where we will split into 2 groups.
Those looking to enjoy the gravel will head back to the Western Explorer into Corrina, across the Pieman on the Fatman barge then onto Zeehan and then Moke Central Strahan.
The bitumen lovers will head back to Wynyard for a fuel stop then via the Hellyer Gorge into Waratah for lunch.Then over the Reece Dam into Zeehan and onto Strahan.
Both options involve some great roads to enjoy driving your Moke.