Author Topic: The Cool Kids list  (Read 1981 times)

Newie

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• 2022 Moke Round Up www.mokeroundup.com.au

The Cool Kids list
« on: July 29, 2014, 10:25:09 PM »
Thought we should put up a list of all the people who have registered to be in Tamworth during the week when all of the cool Moking folk will be in town - the 2014 Moke RoundUp  :)

There has been a little confusion (mainly amongst those who are actually registered  :) ) as to who is registered and who is not. So if your name appears below, you can rest easy and start/finish prepping your Moke for the run to Tamworth. If your name doesn't appear below, you need to take a good long look at yourself and ask yourself why not  :D

Should also be a good reference for those who want to organise travelling companions etc.

NSW
KMC
Newie
VH-Cal
Mazy
Shorty 68
DaveG
Mont
Pozza
Woody
Smithy

Non Forumers - 3
Mellow Yellow
Ptafx
Grammyjan
MokebBear
Chirgs
James Bond 007
Bainesy
Smokey

Vic
Melbourne Rob
Cliff P
Peter
Terry
CabSav  :(
Homey
Sahara Dust

Qld
Moker Car
Non Forumer (Peter L)  :(
Non Forumer (Andy W)

Tas
Moke My Day

So the main thing that jumps out at me looking at the above list is that we appear to have cracked the Victorian market this time around.  :D  In 2010 we had 4 attend, in 2012 we had 5, and already this year we have 6 registered and it's still 3 months out from the event  :o

The Queenslanders on the other hand are conspicuous by their absence so far  :(. Always strongly represented in the past, poor Moker Car is looking very lonely in the Qld list at this stage...

While we're talking stats, for those who missed the last two events, we had approx 35 Mokes at each one and going by rego's to date, informal discussions, and past experience, our best guess is that we should have a similar size turnout this year, if not possibly a few more.

Only time will tell of course, and the earlier people register, the less guessing we have to do, but we do like people to have some idea of what they are coming to. So basically, the RoundUp is not really anything like the Wagga events which had (from memory) 100+ Mokes at the first one and 70 odd at the second one. On the other hand, it's quite a step up from the weekend runs that some of you may have enjoyed with your local Mokers.

Keep up the registrations people and as we receive new ones, I'll update this post (with the newer additions in red) so that people can easily check back to see that their rego has been processed and/or check how many of their mates have signed up (and chase up the ones who haven't  ;) )

Newie

PS. If your name appears above and you'd rather not be so public, please PM me and I'll happily remove you from this post. If you're yet to register and would like to remain anonymous, please let us know when you register and we'll leave you off the public post
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 10:45:01 PM by Newie »

OldMate

• Past or Inactive member
  • Registered Member

Re: The Cool Kids list
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 02:06:26 AM »
Super tentative at this time, but dad has laid down the ultimatum and so we're aiming to be at Tamworth if the yellow moke is in one piece by then.

Newie

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 07:30:25 AM »
Hope to see you there Old Mate.

If nothing else, these events always provide some serious motivation and a deadline for a lot of people to finish their resto's or simply get all that maintenance done that they've been putting off.

Newie

Biggles

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 11:53:27 AM »
G'day,
    Having had so much time off work due to the shoulder
I was embarrassed to ask for a week off in October. When
I finally plucked up the courage a few weeks ago I was told
no! Others had booked that time off before me. Its too far
for just the weekend so I won't be able to make it this year.
but please note even though I am not going I'm still cool.

biggles

Newie

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 12:21:26 PM »
Sorry to hear that Biggles  :(

Should be a lot of new grilles (faces) this year as a lot of the "old guard" are having trouble making it but a lot of interest from others who have never been.

There are 8 round up newbies out of the 19 on the above list  :o

ADR

• Registered Member

• Personal Text
    Never let momentum determine your fate
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 12:23:54 PM »
Thats a great thread title Newie and I always wanted to be on a "cool kids list"
Basil - 1979 Cali 1100 sport
Rory - 1971 Cooper S Rally Replica 1310

mellowyellow

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 01:04:26 PM »
Hi Biggles, hope the shoulder is improving. My shoulder (and foot)kept me away from Perth last year  :(
But...I just registered for Tamworth.  :)  Now to get the front suspension done before October.
1980 Moke Californian 1275 - The minibeast

Yellow Mokes Rule!

KMC

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

• 2024 Moke Round Up

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2014, 04:22:51 PM »
Biggles - sorry to hear that you can't make it this year :( . Pleased, though, that your shoulder is making progress and you're back at work.

I'm sure they'll be plenty of stories to post that'll make you feel like you're there  ;) .

Mellow - great that you can make it again, just get that suspension finished in time  :) .

..KMC

2024 Moke Round Up Tamworth : www.MokeRoundUp.com.au

Mont

• Registered Member

• Personal Text
    "Spotto"
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2014, 09:04:43 PM »
So looking forward to meeting you all. Very excited.  ;D Mont
'Spotto' 1980 Leyland Moke
Remember-Wherever you go, there you are

711pete

• Registered Member

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2014, 11:02:23 PM »
Unfortunately, my engine will not permit me to attend this year, however with some help from Chris it will be good as new next year. ????

Newie

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2014, 10:31:18 PM »
Unfortunately, my engine will not permit me to attend this year, however with some help from Chris it will be good as new next year. ????

Sorry to hear you can't make it Pete, especially as you're so close  :( (relatively speaking).

Registrations are still trickling in. Smokey decided to climb down off the barbed wire fence of indecision last night and put his hand up, which makes the number of registered Mokes an even 30  8)

This is ground breaking stuff as we have never had this many registered this early before. KMC and I sat down and went over the figures for the last (and only) two events last night  and we found that including drop ins etc, we had 34 Mokes both times!  :o That seems a huge coincidence, especially when you consider that only 19 of the 34 had been to the first one. We have similar repeat customer stats this time too, with 17 out of the 30 already registered being Round Up veterans......weird!

Anyway, the short story is that it looks like being a little bigger than the first two events as we know of quite a few who were sitting up on the fence with Smokey and we're sure we can coax some more of them down over the next month. Come on guys and girls, you know you want to..........  ;) (and we'll talk about you if you're not there).

Newie

CabSav

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2014, 11:56:50 PM »
I have to be excused from the cool kids list.

And i did so like being on it....

massive big crying (non) smiley face

Cabby
Been there.... Done that.... And still out doing it!

the family is growing - Buttercup, Cabsav, Resto & Gifthorse!!!! wow - oh! and Zac's Mini!!!