austmoke

Author Topic: I'm Booked  (Read 2168 times)

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

I'm Booked
« on: August 28, 2014, 09:23:35 PM »
Hi,

I booked my boat trip over and back again tonight, so looks like I am going to Mokin' Downunder.

I have two weeks over there, the first week is to look around the eastern side and pick up a few places I haven't been or may not get to see as part of the planned activities and will catch up with the westcoast tour on either the Saturday or Sunday depending on where I am at.

Doing a day sail over on the previous Sunday and coming back on the Monday night after the Hobart Spectactular. :)

Terry
Cujo. 1999 - 2016

77Devil

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Re: I'm Booked
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 10:07:53 PM »
Gee Terry, looks like you are cutting things a bit fine there. Do you really think we'll get my Moke finished for the event and You'll get to see the a East Coast, all in a week.  Lucky I am aiming to have it finished for Christmas. And I've got the tow vehicle to fall back on.

Really good to see you are still keen to come down and enjoy our little island again.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 10:09:30 PM by 77Devil »
The Angry Ant has overcome 77Devil.
Watch out for the Ant!

Moke My Day

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 06:55:22 AM »

terry,
Great news, look forward to being at the boat to welcome you to Tassie (again, I think this will be the 4th time).

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 10:09:57 AM »
Gee Terry, looks like you are cutting things a bit fine there. Do you really think we'll get my Moke finished for the event and You'll get to see the a East Coast, all in a week.  Lucky I am aiming to have it finished for Christmas. And I've got the tow vehicle to fall back on.

Really good to see you are still keen to come down and enjoy our little island again.

Don't know how to break it to you, but I am not planning to work on your Moke. :) If it is not ready by the time I get there then you are probably going to be a passenger again. I do have plans to check out Bruny island though, knock off a few oysters etc. I local guy is probably coming over too and his work mate has just retired to a house on the island and so we decide to add a visit too the itinerary.

Great news, look forward to being at the boat to welcome you to Tassie (again, I think this will be the 4th time).

I went for the day sail as the the other three crossing I have gotten very little sleep so I am going to try and start off a trip awake this time, so I wont be upsetting Torana car club members.

Terry
Cujo. 1999 - 2016

yellaterra

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 11:53:56 AM »
im booked for sunday 1 mar night.  have booked to stay launceston mon, then travel tasman hwy swansea tue then hobart wed till the mon. first time in tas so east coast for me. anyone else doing the east coast? ie more lpg available there then the west coast? i hope.

77Devil

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 09:19:06 PM »
Don't know how to break it to you, but I am not planning to work on your Moke. :) If it is not ready by the time I get there then you are probably going to be a passenger again. I do have plans to check out Bruny island though, knock off a few oysters etc. I local guy is probably coming over too and his work mate has just retired to a house on the island and so we decide to add a visit

Terry

As I state,Terry, my plan all things going smoothly, is to have the little wheeler finished and registered before Christmas. This giving me January and Febuary to put some miles on it to make sure it will be reliable.   Like you say, if it isn't finished, I'll be towing a trailer around behind the tour, picking up spare parts  I really hope a 4 month build is feasible.  Should be I once said I could do this one in 6 weeks but then decided to play daddy instead.

Cheers

Dev

The Angry Ant has overcome 77Devil.
Watch out for the Ant!

Mazy

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 08:18:24 PM »
Well....
It must be true... we must really be going........ because both us and Biggles have just booked the boat  8)

Yippee!!

Mazy

shorty 68

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• Must stop drinking WT

• Personal Text
    Still smiling
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 08:23:26 PM »
Hi mazy what day are you going.
 :)
1973 moke the Boss
1978 moke John the cali

Mazy

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 08:48:13 PM »
Hi Shorty,

We've never been there before and so wanted a bit of a look around before the organised tour.....booked to go over on the day sail 22nd and return 9th Mar overnight. We're planning on coming home via the east coast, revisiting some of my childhood stomping grounds along the way, and looking forward to a change of scenery from the Hume Hwy.

Mazy

Biggles

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2014, 03:40:27 PM »
G'day,
           Yep should be a good trip. A couple of easy days to
and from Melbourne. We decided we'd rather take our time
and enjoy the drive with no pressure to be any where by a
certain time than arrive buggered before we start. Ruth and
I are looking forward to travelling with the Mazy crew and
catching up with everyone on the Tassie adventure.
                       Bring it on!! :D

Biggles

Pete Power

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• MIGHTY MOKE

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2014, 03:41:11 PM »
happy days
Happy Mokin
Regards
Pete

1981 Californian 1275 Galv "Mighty Moke"

"Just because you're breathing doesn't mean you're alive!"

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2014, 06:27:20 PM »
Hi,

I have updated the article on the website with details of when people are going over and coming back using the information posted here and in the Sydeny to Hobart thread. Take a look here, http://www.mokesinc.org.au/mokin-down-under-tasmania-2015/85-mokes-at-sea

If you would like to have your details added or altered, PM me or post up here.

Terry 
Cujo. 1999 - 2016

Mazy

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2014, 06:35:51 PM »
Hey Terry,

Please amend the updated details if you would, so it has me sharing a cabin with my husband!  ::)

Thanks,

Mazy
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 07:27:52 AM by Mazy »

shorty 68

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• Must stop drinking WT

• Personal Text
    Still smiling
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2014, 09:02:57 PM »
Sydney to Hobart who is going
« on: July 28, 2014, 01:20:29 PM »
QuoteModify
Just trying to work out who is going down to Tazzy from the sydney group. As my family will be traveling with me this time and flying back from Hobart. I intend to get on the boat on the 27/02/2015 so will be leaving on 26/02 which gives me two days to arrive in time and not rushed. Will be coming back on the Tuesday 10/03 on the boat that way still no rushing around. Getting home about thursday the 12/03. Any body else is welcome to tag along from other states or places.
Both boat trip at night

Cheers Shorty 
1973 moke the Boss
1978 moke John the cali

Moke My Day

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2014, 09:50:40 AM »
Terry,
thanks for adding the listing of sailings and detailing those that are sailing when.
If I read that list correctly you are now coming over on the night time sailing getting into Devonport on Sunday 22nd March around 7am?