Author Topic: IMD Southern Tasmania  (Read 1075 times)

Tim

• Standard
  • Registered Member

IMD Southern Tasmania
« on: September 23, 2014, 10:05:14 AM »
This year we plan to have a fairly simple event. We’ll meet up at Mure’s car park on the docks about  9 o’clock then wind our way up through the foothills of Mount Wellington and through the backroads down to Kingston or Margate. We’ll stop somewhere fairly casual for morning tea then depending on where people are heading, either split up or take the Channel Highway back up through Taroona to town. I’m secretly hoping that there’s still a bit of snow on the mountain – I’d love to get a picture of the Mokes in the snow – but I think the coming week is going to be too warm. ;D

Tim
1951 Morris Commercial J Type Van
1955 BSA C11G
1961 Morris Mini Traveller
1969 Triumph TR6R
1977 Leyland Moke Californian

Driving a Moke with a hardtop is like having a shower in a raincoat.

Moke My Day

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Re: IMD Southern Tasmania
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 07:24:17 PM »
Tim, looks good some preparation runs for Mokin' Downunder.

Looks like I have been able to gather a few Mokes from up North also. Paul (Ratty) and MMD will be joined by at least another (Dean) to leave Devonport Homemaker Centre BP around 10am and travel to the Blue Barn at Frankford and meet up with Richard for chat and coffee.
Will try and get a few from Launceston to join us even though their Mokes are not running at this time.

tasmoken

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 07:48:38 PM »
Rod unfortunately I will not be able to catch up this year I am waiting for a new wheel bearing
Moking
A Way Of Life
Unashamed and Unrestrained

Tim

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 10:07:56 AM »
We had a fantastic morning for Moking in Southern Tassie for IMD. Six diverse Mokes turned out.

We had a relatively short run up through the foothills of Mt Wellington, which is a fabulous Moking road. We're planning a run that way as part of Mokin' Downunder in March.

Then we headed into Kingston Beach to find a cafe for morning tea. From there we divided up, I cruised home via the twisty Channel Highway, which  tracks up the Derwent back to the city.

All in all, it was a fun way to spend the morning, stretch the Moke's legs and meet some new comers.

Tim

1951 Morris Commercial J Type Van
1955 BSA C11G
1961 Morris Mini Traveller
1969 Triumph TR6R
1977 Leyland Moke Californian

Driving a Moke with a hardtop is like having a shower in a raincoat.