Author Topic: Farkles  (Read 1288 times)

Farkles

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• Personal Text
    Farkles
Farkles
« on: October 27, 2014, 12:43:16 PM »
Hi folks, we finally arrived home by towtruck from Scone at 10.30pm last night. A big thankyou to Shorty and Wayne for stopping until we were on our way. Apparently Farkles became so excited at being with such hunky male mokes that she had a hissy fit when we left them and dropped a piston! She is off to the Drs tonight. Frustrating as it was a complete rebuild of engine and we couldn't finish our holiday, but at least we arrived home safely.  Thanks also to Greg for calling to see if we were ok. Besides this slight malfunction Col and I had a great time. It was wonderful meeting you all, thanks for your friendship and kindness. I will keep you posted on Farkles progress. Cheers Jan

Homey

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Re: Farkles
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 02:27:24 PM »
Very sorry to hear that, Jan, especially after Farkles went so well throughout the Roundup. Hope you, Col and Farkles are back on the road really soon. Great to meet you in Tamworth and look forward to seeing you again at the next Moke event. Keep us posted with Farkle's recovery.

1980 Californian  "Percy"

Mont

• Past or Inactive member
  • Registered Member

• Personal Text
    "Spotto"
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 05:46:26 PM »
Sorry to hear of your plights too Jan, love the pink Moke though it is a real head turner and I'm sure you will back on the road in no time.  :D
'Spotto' 1980 Leyland Moke
Remember-Wherever you go, there you are

mellowyellow

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 06:50:07 PM »
Glad you're all home safe and sound. I hope farkles recovers from her surgery quickly, and you are back on the road turning heads.
1980 Moke Californian 1275 - The minibeast

Yellow Mokes Rule!

melbournerob

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 08:03:01 PM »
Drat and bother - especially after fixing the cooling issue too. At least you are all home safe and sound.

At least you were able to enjoy the Tamworth activities and meet everybody - it was good to meet you and trust you are back on the road soon. Make sure that you add the details to that fabulous photo album you have of the Farkles story - every event adds to the story after all.

Look forward to the next episode!

Rob
1973 Export Moke (Dad's Toy)
1972 Standard Moke (Dad's Toy 2)

and a garage full of spare parts/rusty bits...

Faye

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• Personal Text
    MokeMyDay Silent Partner and Lacemaker to Biggles
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 09:14:50 PM »
Hi Jan,  Glad you are all home.  It was great to meet you and we can't wait for Mokin' DownUnder to see everyone again.
Farkles will be stronger next time and I am sure she will show the boys a thing or two.

Farkles

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• Personal Text
    Farkles
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 10:09:06 PM »
Thanks everyone,  appears a valve spring broke but won't know anything else until tomorrow when mechanic is doing further investigation.  We are hoping to make it to Tassie.  Will keep you informed. Cheers Jan

Homey

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 09:08:42 AM »
Farkles will be stronger next time and I am sure she will show the boys a thing or two.

Percy says he's looking forward to that!
1980 Californian  "Percy"

TD0077

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 06:38:05 PM »
 Good your home safe hope to see Farkles up and around soon sorry we couldn't catch up again in cessnock
 Really nice to meet you
 Terry and Pauline
td