Author Topic: Sydney Moke Drive to Wollombi  (Read 761 times)

AlanS

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Sydney Moke Drive to Wollombi
« on: July 04, 2017, 06:38:56 PM »
On Sunday 2-7-17 five Sydney Mokes met at North Richmond for a very chilli 8:00am start to our drive to Wollombi via the Sackville Ferry                                                                    The fog had still not lifted at this stage. Then onto Wisemans Ferry and after crossing the river we pulled over for a roadside repair to my clutch slave cylinder (10mm socket insert) :'( so I can select gears again  ;D (big thankyou goes to Blueboy :)) )just stopped long enough for the people getting on the ferry to get a few photo's, our mob were to busy talking                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Than onto St Albans  for a rest break before we hit the unsealed road with it's long horn cattle just hanging around that lead to the Great North Road and then onto Wollombi to meet up with Mini's on the Coast (the Central Coast Mini's) After lunch and a walk around town 1 street we set of for home via Broke then onto the Putty Road to Windsor, what a beautiful day it turned out to be  8) well worth braving the morning chill. I clocked up about 560km I assume the others around similar klm's but a great day had with all it's adventures and great company we shared.  :)  :)  :)

AlanS  8)
I've told you a million times stop exaggerating!

Mazy

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

Re: Sydney Moke Drive to Wollombi
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 07:02:09 PM »
Alan,

Thanks for sharing. Looks like you all had a great day in the winter sunshine eventually ;)

Mazy

min13r

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 07:06:49 PM »
Thanks Alan nice write up...It was a great day, people and fabulous drive.... Rylstone is now fast approaching...

Holoholo

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017, 10:22:59 PM »
Sounds like quite the trip. Great scenery and great weather. Unfortunately we were otherwise committed and all the more jealous sighting those photos! Bring on Rylstone.

Halfpint

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

• MOKE Pilot

• Personal Text
    It's not where you go, it's how you get there !
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 10:42:00 PM »
Thanks for letting us know about your run and sharing a few pics Alan  8)
Always good to see you guys (and Gals of course) get together for a nice run.
Cheers
HP
The happiest of people don't always have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have.

mellowyellow

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 12:37:28 PM »
Thanks for the travelog Allan. Bit short notice for me and could not make it. Good on you all for braving the morning chill.  ;)
1980 Moke Californian 1275 - The minibeast

Yellow Mokes Rule!