Author Topic: Drunk adventures in Dev’s shed.  (Read 2437 times)

77Devil

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Re: Drunk adventures in Dev’s shed.
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2017, 01:53:28 PM »
Think i might need help, drinking in the shed is a really bad idea sometimes. Especially if you have your your phone in your pocket. After fiddling in the shed Tuesday night, I must have got it into my head that it would be a good idea to order more parts, for jobs I hope to get to one day.
So yesterday there was a slip in my letter box advising that they had attempted to deliver a package to me. So I called the freight company and they offered to redirect it to work and deliver it to work. So they delivered it today.

Not bad really, five days to go half way round the world and into my shed.

Discount Dev
The Angry Ant has overcome 77Devil.
Watch out for the Ant!

77Devil

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2017, 09:14:13 PM »
This may not be the ideal way to work in their shed for most but for me it works really well. Starting work at 5am suits me well at the moment, it has taken a bit to get used too. I could no longer spend hours in the shed after dinner, I’m too tired. Finishing work at around lunch time is great, now I’ve learnt to treat lunch time as dinner time. Like the title to this post states, this is the ideal time to go to the shed for, wind down time and perhaps a little refreshment

I’m am a little amazed at how much more focused I can be and how much more work I can get done. There is still SO MUCH more to do, before we see another Moke driving out of Dev’s Shed but I am taking little steps and feel like I am getting somewhere. A few afternoons and I am getting some front subframe but organised. 

There is a long way to go before I start assembly, I want to organise a similar stockpile of rear subframe bit and then build them together. But all these step will make it easier to start building these in the new year.

Cheers

Dev
Watch out for the Ant!

77Devil

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2017, 11:36:43 AM »
I’ll put this YouTube link here on page 2, so you can find it quickly if you ever hear of me not following these safety guide lines. Or if you see a beer in the same picture as me using my 9” grinder. Grinders and beer don’t go together.

https://www.facebook.com/segurancadotrabalhodadepre/videos/1461303730632925/

Cheers

Dev
Watch out for the Ant!

77Devil

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2017, 07:14:23 PM »
Okay Mokees, I’ve managed to get a little time in the shed, after work today.
Time to remove a pair of good lower control arms from this old subframe.

It was a slow start but nice to have a bench I could clamp the subframe to and get stuck right in.
Didn’t tack long and I was digging out bit of old rubber bushes.

Didn’t take long and I had success.

From here I moved on to removing the old donuts and alloy cones. This was where I found a little surprise.
I found the remains of a previous owners compression tool. I bet there was a lot of swearing when this broke.

The old donut feel to bits as I was removing it. Complete with remains of old tool still inside of it.

So another successful afternoon, another pair of lower control arms saved ready for when they are needed.

Cheers
Hoardious Junkious Maximus

Dev

Watch out for the Ant!

77Devil

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2017, 06:41:42 PM »
Starting to get closer to a wall of front subframe parts, I think I’m happy with the progress so far.

These next subframes should come together nicely and an easy assembly is my hope.

Little steps will make my bigger steps, later easy.

Cheer

Dev
Watch out for the Ant!

Halfpint

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

• MOKE Pilot

• Personal Text
    It's not where you go, it's how you get there !
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2017, 01:39:44 AM »
Fantastic wall art Dev  8)
Just having parts cleaned and ready for a refurb when time permits is great planning ;)
Its so frustrating if your in a hurry when you're so close, and trying to get something back on the road and everything stalls because something, anything, needs cleaning up before it can be fitted  :P.
Keep up the good motivational fluid work Dev  ;), and the parts bit will happen ;D
HP ( getting through my beervent calendar  ;D, but sadly no shed time at the moment :()

The happiest of people don't always have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have.

77Devil

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2017, 08:56:00 PM »
Thanks HP, you are right, in that it is nice to have parts there ready to go. That is my main driving force for doing all this drinking careful preparation work at the moment. Which brings me on to tonight’s few stubbies carefully planned work. As you would have read, I’ve been cleaning up some old front subframe bits recently. I’d cleaned half a dozen top arms ready for future use but I knew some felt okay, in the roller bearings and some were totally stuffed. After a search through the forums search options, I wasn’t confident in Maddogs articles in using a three legged slide hammer. Well, I didn’t want to buy one just to remove half a dozen sets of bearings. And YouTube only gave me recommendations of welding a bolt onto the old bearings and then lifting the bearings out with this bolt. I still don’t have stable enough power in my shed to run a welder.

So after a a bit of thought (the first stubble) I made myself a tool to push the bearings out with. A punch just wouldn’t do the job.

I grabbed a 5” long 1/4” bolt and rounded the hex sides off it, this would rest on the old bearing, whilst I belted it with a hammer. The result was a bearing out in about ten seconds, plus the time to secure it in the vice. I’ll just need to work out how long a bolt I’ll need for the rear trailing arms.

Another pleasant night in my shed.

Cheers

Dev
Watch out for the Ant!

Moke 71

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2017, 09:22:13 PM »
Just use Pete powers method on rear trailing arms. I did it last weekend and worked a treat
Moke 1971
Moke 1976 - Daily
Moke 1978 Californian
Moke 1979 - AKA Thomas
and too many round nose minis

77Devil

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2017, 10:04:24 PM »
Thanks Dave, you would have link to PP’s method would you. Just tried searching but couldn’t find a mention of it. Sorry I’m only a bit ammeters with the searches.

Cheers
Dev
Watch out for the Ant!

Newie

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• 2022 Moke Round Up www.mokeroundup.com.au

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2017, 10:07:27 PM »
Just use Pete powers method on rear trailing arms. I did it last weekend and worked a treat

Plus one on that. I rebuilt the one on Cool Breeze a couple of months ago using Pete's method and it worked perfectly (and easily)

Here's the link Dev  https://www.mokeforum.com.au/index.php/topic,5135.msg70945.html#msg70945

77Devil

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2017, 06:48:50 PM »
Tonight was no exception to the rule and I was enjoying a nice sunny afternoon working on the Angry Ant. I am getting closer to sorting out my electrical issues, though I have more to do before I’ll put the new coil in.
Tonight my alternator failed it’s test. I wasn’t hoping for this, as I wanted to blame the immobiliser and justify the time it is going to take me to rewire the ignition circuit, when I remove it.

Anyway more on my electrical issues in the Angry Ant thread.

This afternoon I was, as usual, giving a work mate a hard time out in his truck. He drives afternoon/evening shifts and I generally drive early mornings.

So if the photos I sent through over a couple of hours, Tim thought this was a very well composed photo. So I thought I would share it here too.

Cheers

Work goes better with Boags.

Cheers

Dev.
Watch out for the Ant!

77Devil

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2017, 09:05:38 PM »
I still have an endless amount of sorting and cleaning to do in my shed, like most sheds. As you may have noticed, I have been working on it but what I was also working on was giving my family some useful ideas for Christmas presents for me this year. This year I sent Swomby and email with a list of eBay links and Mini Sport links, of things I wanted. All ranging in prices, so it was open to most of my families budgets.
Tonight I have had enough time to at least put most things into the shed. I'm yet to make places for them all to go, though.

A nice haul, I think.

Ball joints for one side

A set of thread cleaning nuts and now I'll need to learn ho to use this to tune my carbie, well I hope better than I have been

This one as a real surprise, as it wasn't on my list. A magic creeper, I'm sure this will be well used

This one was from me to me, I've wrecked my 3/8" course die, so I bought a whole new spare set.

And the piece de resistance, a stud removing kit. From my brother in-law.

And to top all this off, only two weeks before Christmas, Swomby is out talking to me in the shed and all of a sudden she says, "have you ever thought about Buying a hoist for the top bay in the shed.  You'd be so much more comfortable and be able to do much more, without hurting yourself." 
Firstly, I nearly fell over, as I have been trying to work out how I was going to broach this subject to her when I was ready to want to put a hoist in.

So all my. Christmases have come at once this year.

Cheer

Dev

« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 09:10:32 PM by 77Devil »
Watch out for the Ant!

ratty

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2017, 10:18:14 PM »
Geez  Dev
Your place with a hoist will be very popular!!!!!!
Cheers ratty
Where do all the little tubes go from CRC can ?
Blue moke
Yellow moke
Subaru Forester

77Devil

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2017, 10:32:18 PM »
Geez  Dev
Your place with a hoist will be very popular!!!!!!
Cheers ratty

Yes it will Ratty, I’ve already done the sums, this would mean one more car I can park in the shed.

Oh, what to buy now.
Watch out for the Ant!

77Devil

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2017, 10:53:40 PM »
Hey Ratty,
I’m not getting too excited about it all yet. There is a new kitchen, bathroom and family room to be built before I can have any hope of spending money in the shed. And the bank will need to be willing to give me some more, too.

Dev
Watch out for the Ant!