Author Topic: Moke Ocean Road Tour - February 10th(Saturday)  (Read 619 times)

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

Moke Ocean Road Tour - February 10th(Saturday)
« on: November 21, 2017, 09:59:27 PM »
Hi,

another annual event for me, the Moke cruise along the Great Ocean Road which is normally a nice drive and chance to catch up with Moke friends down that part of the world. More details on the MOA site, https://www.moke.org.au/calendar/event-details/170-moke-ocean-road-saturday-10th-february

Terry

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

Re: Moke Ocean Road Tour - February 10th(Saturday)
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 08:19:36 PM »
Hi,

some details....

The annual Moke Ocean Road cruise is on again and to avoid usual frustrating crawl along the GOR in the mornings we will be heading inland to Apollo Bay and then coming along the GOR on the way back in the afternoon, so something a little different to the usual schedule of events.
The meeting point is the BP Service Centre at Little River on the southbound side with a departure time of 9am sharp and remember it is a Saturday trip. Ensure you have topped up your fuel at Little River before we leave as there could be a few unscheduled routes taken during the day.
For a change we are going to follow the highway down to Winchelsea to do a bit of browsing in the antique/junk shops where I managed to snag a couple of bargains for my collections last year so I want to go back again. From there we cut across through Forrest with a stop at the Wonky Donkey Hotel for a photo shoot and look around. From there we continue on down towards Apollo Bay via the scenic and twisty little roads in the hills before dropping out at Skenes Creek. The Moke Ocean Road will be the return leg coming back towards Melbourne.
Lunch and snack stops are TBA on the day as we progress.

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

Re: Moke Ocean Road Tour - February 10th(Saturday)
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 12:46:10 PM »
Hi,

just a reminder this trip is on this Saturday. about 6-7 Mokes known to be going at this stage.

Terry