austmoke

Author Topic: city park train  (Read 328 times)

cityparktrain

• Standard
  • Registered Member

city park train
« on: January 29, 2018, 03:37:01 PM »
Hi we run the city park train in Launceston.we have just bought a Moke to refurbish....6/76
eng:99H860AJ(I)H405 Chassis: 018 FOB1 m(h)? 09 1605(6?) 3
ant general info would be appreciated but specifically spark plugs? are there standard ones and in running todays modern fuels should i use 91 or 95 and a additive/...cheers Quin

Halfpint

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

• MOKE Pilot

• Personal Text
    It's not where you go, it's how you get there !
Re: city park train
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 05:52:43 PM »
Hi and Welcome  :)
As for spark plugs, the NSK branded plugs BP6ES are one of the recommended ones.
Fuel depends on your compression ratio, if you have low compression, it should run ok on 91 but will run better with 95 or even better on 98 ron. High compression engines wont run very well at all with 91, but will start easily and run well with 98.

From the engine number, you have a 998 cc engine.

cheers
Halfpint
Experiencing the Baader-Meinhof phenomenon.
"As a Moke owner, you have a heightened awareness of Mokes in your environment, they were always there." 

https://www.mokeforum.com.au/index.php?topic=4727.msg161920#msg161920

77Devil

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 06:59:59 PM »
Hi Quin,
Congratulations on getting yourselves another Moke, was your looking old one starting to get too much trouble? 
Will you be preparing this one through the council depot or are you running this totally independent to the council?
If you have time one afternoon, I’d be interested to come and have look at what you’re doing with this one.

I try to only run 98 octane in my Moke but you will have very different engine, I hope. Talk with whoever is redoing your engine and request hard valve seats, if the is room in your budget.

I will try and send you a message, if we have managed to upgrade your forum profile to that level.

Cheers
Dev
(Anthony)
The Angry Ant has overcome 77Devil.
Watch out for the Ant!

cityparktrain

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 08:44:27 PM »
cheers again for the responses.
My parts list will be fairly long!
i need front park/indicator lights/ the fuel filter that goes in the fuel train,number plate light.
and maybe i will invest in new Brake/clutch cylinders...ohh and sun visors!

Newie

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• 2018 Moke Round Up www.mokeroundup.com.au

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 08:55:47 PM »
Good to see you doing another one up. I was down there last year and had a chat to one of your drivers when we ran into your existing one in the park. I was thinking at the time that most of these sort of things have faded into history and was pleased to see yours still up and running. Good to see there is a succession plan in place  :D

If you can make do with good second hand parts for some of it (and it's surprising how many parts you can clean up good as new on a Moke) I seem to recall hearing of a certain Tassy Devil right there in Launceston with a hoarding problem who I'm sure could be persuaded to help out for a reasonable price.

Newie