Author Topic: Wellington Street parade and vintage fair Sat March 3rd and Sun 4th March  (Read 819 times)

Halfpint

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

• MOKE Pilot

• Personal Text
    It's not where you go, it's how you get there !
Another event supported from the Sydney Guys, wish I could attend, but glad you guys are there  :)
Please let us know how it all goes.
https://www.mokeforum.com.au/index.php?topic=13240.msg160727#msg160727

HP
The happiest of people don't always have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have.

AlanS

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Just a summary of the weekend outing to the Wellington Vintage Fair and Street Parade for 2018. Four Mokes from the Sydney Moke Owners Group (SMOG) attended the weekend Sat & Sun 3-4 March.     
One Moke Ross and Catherine had left early on the Friday and went via Mudgee and the other three Mokes Darrell, Ian, Alan & Kerrie met at Blaxland Macca’s in the Blue Mountains and departed there at 3:30pm for a great trip to Wellington we had great weather and flowing traffic thru the Blue mountains which saw us arrive at Wellington at 7:30pm right on sunset it was beautiful weather for driving an open car.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     After a quick check-in (by country standards) we went to The Federal Hotel for dinner and a drink I order a rump steak it was that big it must have come from the Kim Kardashian of cows it covered the whole plate for $14. After a Macca’s breakfast we lined up for the street parade and as soon as the Mokes were parked up they started getting a fair bit of interest,               that could have also been due to the fact that Darrell had found the only shady spot in the street. The Mokes were well received from the towns people as we took park in the parade, it was thru the main street and return so we actually preformed two laps it was great.                                                                                      After the parade the four Mokes went for lunch at the Iron Bark Inn in Stuart Town approximately 40km out of Wellington where Catherine had booked a table for lunch for us we were the only people who had a table cloth and flowers and the aircon was set on stun at what felt like -40 degrees after driving in 37degree temps. After we had finished lunch we then went for a country cruise to Lake Burrendong Dam at about just over 20 odd Km from the pub and then a leisurely stroll thru the Burrendong Botanic Garden & Arboretum (tree park) after the arduous hike I collapsed back into my Moke and headed back to the aircon of our room at the Wellington Motor Inn for some of Catherine’s homemade fruit cake (yummo) guesstimating about 100km round trip .         After showers to freshen up we walked to the Cow and Calf Hotel for dinner with Catherine’s mum and dad, son Tom and his girlfriend Natasha.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                With a leisurely start to the Sunday morning we all met again at 9:00am at the Wellington Racecourse Showground for the Show And Shine and Vintage Fair                                                                    after two and a half hours of strolling around and checking out the stalls we said our good byes to Ross and Catherine and set our sights for home stopping in at Orange for lunch and fuel.                                                                      The weather was kind to us and we had a great weekend I would highly recommend next years event if you can find the time. All the Mokes performed admirably and drew a good crowd who wanted to share their stories and reminisce or just take photo’s and introduce the next generation to our fun little cars.                                                                                                                                                                                         So on to the next Moking adventure with great times great people and great roads see you then.
                                               I personally travelled 820 KM during the weekend     
I've told you a million times stop exaggerating!

mellowyellow

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Well done mokers. Sorry I couldn’t be there this time. I’ll put it in the calendar for next year. 🙂
1980 Moke Californian 1275 - The minibeast

Yellow Mokes Rule!

Newie

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• 2022 Moke Round Up www.mokeroundup.com.au

Great Report Al. Thanks for going to the trouble to put it up.

Looks like a great weekend had by all. I'm sure it was hot in Wellington, but at least the run over the Blue Mountains would have been warmer than the last time we did it.

Newie

AlanS

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Hi Newie yes it was quite warm in Wellington but we were always on the move so you didn't get too bothered as for the trip over the Blue Mountains we were under threatening dark grey clouds that never eventuate into any rain.

As it turned out we were made famous by the local media (they have a good eye )
https://www.wellingtontimes.com.au/story/5264214/popular-fair-draws-crowd-photos/?cs=5842#slide=38
Just makes a good weekend even better. Thats not a royal wave happening there even tho I did my share I'm actually holding a Go-Pro. I'll be back next year I had really enjoyed myself.

Mazy

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

Alan,

Many thanks for your real nice write up and great pictures.  Lovely photo in the newspaper too ;)
It was well and truly an impossibility for us to get there this year, but next year is another story......

Mazy

Newie

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• 2022 Moke Round Up www.mokeroundup.com.au

Wow Al, you're not just famous - you're Wellington famous  :D 8)

You left out my favorite photo of the weekend, so I've put it up here for you.

No doubt modesty prevented you from sharing your chick magnet status in picking up the local show girl ::)

Good to see Kerry is more discreet and there are no photos online of her over at the pub with the muscly young farmers while you were getting that pic taken  ;) :)

PS - Love the peanut gallery in the background  ;D

Newie

Halfpint

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

• MOKE Pilot

• Personal Text
    It's not where you go, it's how you get there !
Well done SMOG’ers  :)
Thanks for sharing what would have been another entertaining weekend.

Cheers all  ;D
HP
The happiest of people don't always have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have.

AlanS

• Standard
  • Registered Member

No doubt modesty prevented you from sharing your chick magnet status in picking up the local show girl ::)

Yes Newie some would say more infamous than famous and I think Miss Wellington scurried away ??? thinking that's one of those strange old men my mother warned me about  :o :o :o
As Mini13r said no charges were laid.
I only put that photo up to show the boof heads photo bombing in the background. As for Kerrie she was the one who took the photo and I heard her mumbling under her breath as she gave the camera back something like (that's the type of evidence the lawyer wants) But I could be mistaken my hearing is not what it use to be  ;)

Alans

« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 12:24:19 PM by Terry »