Author Topic: The Cool Kids List  (Read 3360 times)

Newie

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• 2022 Moke Round Up www.mokeroundup.com.au

The Cool Kids List
« on: April 30, 2018, 09:03:34 PM »
Following a great initial response to our call for registrations just two days ago (we're at 20 starters plus KMC and myself already  8) ) we thought it's about time we started our traditional Cool Kids post (aka Registered prospective attendees of Moke Roundup 2018).

Everyone wants to be one of the Cool Kids don't they? All the Cool Moke kids will be in Tamworth this October, so if your Mum (or equivalent permission granter) wont let you come, now's the time to start with the "Everyone else is going to be there","Everybody else gets to go" and of course the classic "It's not fair!!!" and start wearing them down.

It may also help to encourage you when you see how many of your mates are going.

We'll keep updating it from here on in, so that people can check to see which of their Moke buddies will be there, and we've also found in the past that it helps a lot with organising convoys for the trip to Tamworth and home again. For that reason, we've split the list up according to the attendees' home states and regions.

If you would rather your name does not appear publicly on the list for some reason, by all means let us know and we'll remove it and let you come along unannounced. For obvious reasons, we will only be listing people by their Forum names or nick names. If you want more personal info you will have to PM them and they can decide how much they want to disclose.

NSW
KMC                              Tamworth
Newie                           Tamworth
Samm                           Sydney
VH Cal                           Sydney
Alan S                            Sydney
Dave G                           North Coast
Kell                                Central Coast
Mellow Yellow                Sydney
Mazy                              South Coast
Incogneato                    South Coast
Shorty 68                       Sydney
Woody                           Newcastle
Gunado                          Sydney
Deanne C                       Southern Tablelands
Smokey                          Hunter
Smithy                            Hunter
Ian H                              Hunter
Min13r                            Blue Mountains
Sharlee                           Tamworth
MattP                              Hawkesbury
Keith P                            Hawkesbury

QLD
Wakerley Moke                Brisbane
Moker Car                       Wide Bay - Burnett
Andy W                          Darling Downs
Drakman                        Sunshine Coast
John R                            Ipswich
Scott                              Gold Coast
HandyMandy                   Scenic Rim 
Andy                              Darling Downs
Ben                                Darling Downs
Moke - Dean                   Brisbane

TAS
77 Devil                          Launceston
Moke My Day                  North Coast

VIC
Terry                              Melbourne
Sahara Dust                   Murray River
Moemoke                       Gippsland
Peter                             Wandong

SA
Matpaul                          Adelaide
Jimwat                           Adelaide
Vern & Julie                    Riverland
Robert & Lyn                  Adelaide
Collywolly                      Victor Harbour
Chris                             Adelaide

INTERNATIONAL  :o
The Flying Dutchman         The Netherlands

I will add the new registrations to the list as we receive them.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 12:49:16 PM by KMC »

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

Re: The Cool Kids List
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 10:48:30 AM »
Hi,

Looks like the Victorians are boycotting the event, what did you do to them last time? :)

Terry

Newie

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 12:27:20 PM »
Nothing that I know of.  Maybe Victorians are just a bit slower than the rest of us.    ;) ;D We're always very nice to our Mexican Moke brethren  ???

Actually,  we have anticipated a drop in Vic numbers this year,  as a lot went to Jervis Bay and two big Moke trips a year is too much for some people (and too much for others' marriages  ;) ). There is also a big MOA Murray River trip very close to the Round Up (early October) which will no doubt take a few more out.

It's unfortunate,  but we have a fairly narrow window ourselves which we can run the Round Up in,  so we just have to hope as many can make it as possible.

A lot of our Brisbane friends missed out last time, so we're hoping the Queenslanders pick up some of the slack  ;)

P.S. We haven't seen your rego yet Terry.  You could start the ball rolling (if you think you'll have Moke on the road by then  ;)  ;D)

Disclaimer: No hate mail please.  All said in jest and the best of Moking spirit  :)

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 02:29:23 PM »
P.S. We haven't seen your rego yet Terry.  You could start the ball rolling (if you think you'll have Moke on the road by then  ;)  ;D))

Careful there Newie, I will have been to the Kimberly and back by then. :)

I registered when I posted earlier so check your emails and you will find I am due for whatever prize the first Mexican to register gets. :)

Terry

spicemoke

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2018, 04:10:38 PM »
Im sniffing around in the back ground here - so there may be another Victorian  8)  I am going back to studying and dont have the dates yet for face to face classes yet - so waiting to see if I can do this, Murray river or porque no los dos  :o
Well-behaved women seldom make history

Newie

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2018, 10:14:27 PM »
Porque no los dos indeed Spicey  8) (OK, I had to Google it, but I like the sentiment  :))

Will be great if you can come along again. You can defend your title of "Most Major Repair Carried Out Under Portable Gazebo"  ;) ;D.

Dev came close last time with all of his messing around, but I think you're still a nose in front - he at least managed to keep the head on his engine  ::)

Actually, with both you and Dev there (and possibly myself) the Greasy Hands Brigade should be kept well occupied  ;) ;D

Seriously though, it would be great to see you up here again, and feel free to drag as many of your mates along with you as you like.

Newie

77Devil

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2018, 05:22:44 PM »
Well you had better get your tool kit sorted Newie, the Angry Ant 🐜 and myself are booked on the Spirit of Tas and I have spoken with my bosses from both jobs. I have booked holidays and have verbal approval. Now I just need the finish sorting out some those issues I bought home from Tamworth last year.
The blown electronic distributor I threw away on my return, may have been still salvageable, in hind sight. Well put it this way, the new electronic dizzy I replaced it wouldn’t work either. Turns out I destroyed my engine immobiliser and to this date my ignition circuit is still only a dodgey hot wire, through the ignition key. As such the power supply isn’t clean enough to power a good dizzy.
So this gives me 4 months to go through and fix all those jobs, that I have been procrastinating over for 12 month. And I will still expect to drive the Angry Ant 🐜 to and from work each day.

Expect it to still be quite Angry but I do hope to continue tidying up a few incompleted jobs. 

The Dev is coming back in ‘18
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 05:24:37 PM by 77Devil »
The Angry Ant has overcome 77Devil.
Watch out for the Ant!

Newie

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2018, 07:10:32 PM »
Looking forward to the excitement and the challenges you will no doubt bring with you Ant  :)

Sounds like Rick won't be released in time from the institution they booked him into after his last trip with you, so have you organised a another sucker travelling companion yet?

Newie

77Devil

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2018, 08:48:26 PM »
Looking forward to the excitement and the challenges you will no doubt bring with you Ant  :)

Sounds like Rick won't be released in time from the institution they booked him into after his last trip with you, so have you organised a another sucker travelling companion yet?

Newie

Hang onto your hat Newie, EXCITEMENT, I will be bringing!
As for suckers in the left hand seat bold travelling companions. I have one lined up a already a little excited.  Though the Round Up will need to be pretty damn good, if it is to be the highlight of his trip. My mate Tim, is planning on starting his Round Up adventures with a week on the hill at Bathurst, with his son and brother and then spend the weekend before the Round Up at the Gold Coast 600.

As for my excitement, I am planning on having most of my excitement at Tamworth, though I may get a little rowdy warmed up, at a wedding in Dubbo the weekend before.

Cheers
Dev
The Angry Ant has overcome 77Devil.
Watch out for the Ant!

tasmoken

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2018, 12:26:27 AM »
Be scared very very scared😈

I am sure Dev will come home with great memories
I just wish I could go
But not This year but I will return
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 02:37:52 PM by tasmoken »
Moking
A Way Of Life
Unashamed and Unrestrained

Newie

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2018, 10:22:32 AM »
Hang onto your hat Newie, EXCITEMENT, I will be bringing!
As for suckers in the left hand seat bold travelling companions. I have one lined up a already a little excited.  Though the Round Up will need to be pretty damn good, if it is to be the highlight of his trip. My mate Tim, is planning on starting his Round Up adventures with a week on the hill at Bathurst, with his son and brother and then spend the weekend before the Round Up at the Gold Coast 600.

As for my excitement, I am planning on having most of my excitement at Tamworth, though I may get a little rowdy warmed up, at a wedding in Dubbo the weekend before.

Cheers
Dev

I'm sure Tim will have "a nice time" at Bathurst ad the GC 600, but he'll go home full of stories about the Moke Round Up  ;) :D. Moke events usually surpass first timers' expectations, but if he's navigating for you, he's sure to get all the excitement he can handle (just hope he makes it through....)

As for you, good luck with the Dubbo wedding. I've been to a few out that way and lived in the district for a while. You're on the edge of the Outback where there's not much to do except drink, play sport and drive fast cars. The locals tend to get pretty good at all of them. I'm sure you'll fit right in  :D.

Be scared very very scared😈

Maybe Tim should be Rick.....  :-\.  As for the rest of us, we're looking forward to the entertainment value  ;D

Newie

Newie

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2018, 09:45:30 PM »
Well, KMC and myself have both been extremely busy lately with our own individual winter travel plans, and with KMC just returned from a holiday and me just about to depart for one, we again find ourselves discussing some of the preliminary details for Round Up 2018.

The next big step is to nail down some merchandise options so that we can get some order forms online for all of our valued participants. Whether this happens before I head off next week remains to be seen, but we are very close to organised on this front.

I was prompted to write this post though, by our latest registration which we received that has taken our registration numbers to 30  8)

KMC and I are more than happy with this level of support for our efforts, especially considering that Mokin Jervis Bay was held only a few short months ago and we fully understand that some people had to decide between the two events. 30 Mokes is more than enough for a fantastic event, in fact several of the earlier Round Ups only had a few more than that in the final tally and we believe anyone who was there will tell you that a great time was had by all.

That said, we know that there are more of you out there  who are pretty sure they're coming to the 2018 event, but haven't gotten around to registering yet. Well, it's only a little over four months away, so time to stop sitting on the fence and make the commitment.

It really does help us out with the organisation in many ways if we have a good idea of how many are coming as early as possible, so please, if you are planning on being there, go to our website (follow the link below) and put a registration in. The entry fee is not payable at the moment. we will not be asking for that until we have the merchandise ready for ordering, so at the moment it really is as simple as just filling in the form and submitting it.

https://www.mokeroundup.com.au/registration.html

Just as importantly, if you haven't already booked your accommodation at Moke Central (Austin Tourist Park, Tamworth), please do so as soon as you get the chance.

For details on how to book accommodation, please read through this thread

https://www.mokeforum.com.au/index.php?topic=13203.0

Newie

jimwat

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2018, 08:52:59 PM »
Hey Newie, in relation to accommodation bookings, made mine by phone and provided email address but have heard nothing from Austin Tourist Park since by phone or email! Is this not unusual or should I be chasing them up? Cheers Jim
Jim

KMC

• Registered Member

• 2024 Moke Round Up

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2018, 09:01:17 PM »
Hi jimwat,

Once you've made your booking with Austin, you probably won't hear anything from them until closer to the event.

I'll contact them tomorrow for an update and will then let you know that's it's all fine or if there's any issues.

..KMC
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 09:03:29 PM by KMC »

2024 Moke Round Up Tamworth : www.MokeRoundUp.com.au

jimwat

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2018, 09:42:24 PM »
Thanks KMC
Jim