Author Topic: Lunch out with the Mrs  (Read 213 times)

Drakman

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Lunch out with the Mrs
« on: May 06, 2018, 07:13:35 PM »
Well i thought i would kill 2 birds with one stone today, i asked the Mrs if she wanted to go out for lunch, with the idea in my mind, that a nice medium length drive would act as a bit of an introduction to longer distance Moke driving heading toward the trip down to Tamworth later in the year.

So fish and chips at Tin Can Bay it was and only 260 klms round trip.  I was more worried about the time on the 110 klm Bruce Hwy than anything else but as it turned out it went fairly well.   I don't think i topped 100 klms at any stage but with 2 lanes people could pass me easily enough.

I have to say the more i drive the beast the more i love it.

I was more than amused when i asked the Mrs what the time was only to see her scanning the "dash" looking for the clock!  It was about then that i started to hear about all the creature comforts her car has that the Moke lacks.  There was a thread on here recently about the best addition/accessory that people have added to their Moke, would it be politically incorrect to say a gag for the Mrs?

The Moke ran like a clock and never missed a beat.

Cheers
Dave

77Devil

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Re: Lunch out with the Mrs
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 07:24:13 PM »
Glad your trip went well Dave.
I’ve learnt (and I can be a slow learner at times), don’t take SWOMBY on long runs in the Moke.
Good luck with your run to Tamworth in October.

Cheers
Dev (travelling solo to Tamworth)
The Angry Ant has overcome 77Devil.
Watch out for the Ant!