Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 336 times)

Wobbly Boot

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« on: July 26, 2018, 09:43:32 AM »
My 1971 Moke should arrive on Saturday. 🤠 so looking forward to unpacking all the pieces. Yes it’s completely dismantled and I am assured it’s all there. Just have to refurbish all the bits finish off the body work and put them back together. Will post some pics once it’s arrived.

KMC

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

• 2020 Moke Round Up www.mokeroundup.com.au

Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 03:07:36 PM »
Bet you're counting down the sleeps! An exciting weekend awaits. ;)

Looking forward to the pics.

..KMC

mellowyellow

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 08:10:20 PM »
Sounds like one heck of a jigsaw puzzle Wobbly. Enjoy  :)
1980 Moke Californian 1275 - The minibeast

Yellow Mokes Rule!

Wobbly Boot

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Re: It’s arrived
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 09:33:07 AM »
Thanks KMC and Mellow, yes the excitement has come and now I am in wot the hell did I just do, eyes glazed and fuzzy mental images of what bits go where and when.
The previous owner(s) must have had a thing for dismantling stuff. Engine came in bits too, thank god they didn’t strip the gearbox.
It looks like I am in dire need of some guidance. I don’t think there is enough time for me to filter through all the very informative posts on here so was thinking a couple of workshop manuals will be essential. I found and saved the tuning su carbies manual. Now to track down a manual that guides me through the rest of the shed puzzle; engine, electrics and the rest of the black bits. Any guidance on what is best for my 71 ??
By the way once upon a time, long long ago I was an engine fitter on F111s so I know my way around a tool box and used to be able to follow instructions, which loosely translates to - should know what he is doing but will probably require an independent inspection prior to selecting ignition.

Pete Power

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• MIGHTY MOKE

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 11:33:54 AM »
Welcome and good luck.
I imagine you have been busy sorting all the bits into some form of sensibility.
Does the body have much rust?
The search function works well.
Happy Mokin
Regards
Pete

1981 Californian 1275 Galv "Mighty Moke"

"Just because you're breathing doesn't mean you're alive!"

Wobbly Boot

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2018, 12:31:26 PM »
Hi Peter, no body is in pretty good nick rust work somewhat professionally sorted mainly just cosmetic work to do.

manyhandedman

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 05:20:19 PM »
I am keen to see how this build goes. I looked at it (at least a mate of mine did on my behalf)- I assume this came from Boonooroo?, but logistically I couldn't make it work given I'm in Melbourne. It looks like a good project and from all the photos my mate took it looks like its all there - just in bits,

Good luck and somewhat jealous, Ken.

Wobbly Boot

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2018, 10:39:08 AM »
Thanks Ken, seems like it’s not all there, haven’t got my parts catalog yet but here seems a number of things might have got misplaced along the way. Still should keep me out of trouble for a while. I will post some happy snaps as it progresses.