Author Topic: SA Moke Round Up convoy plans  (Read 1059 times)

Newie

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• 2022 Moke Round Up www.mokeroundup.com.au

SA Moke Round Up convoy plans
« on: August 07, 2018, 07:34:17 PM »
so tempting :-\

Come on Pete, it would be great to meet you! 

Dev

A big plus 1 there  :D

This would be the year to do it Pete. I'm you'd find someone who'd be more than keen to convoy with you, and a road trip's always more fun with company.  8)

Hope you can make it happen.

Newie

jimwat

• Standard
  • Registered Member

SA Moke Round Up convoy plans
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 09:24:53 PM »
Happy to share my travelling plans Pete to see if they suit you. Jim. I've already booked my kip arrangements. Maybe closer to the date we SA'ers could arrange a convoy which you could join?
Jim

Pete Power

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• MIGHTY MOKE

Re: SA Moke Round Up convoy plans
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 01:57:13 PM »
 ;D Thanks for making it even more Tempting, 8) lots of stars need aligning...
Jim let Matt Robinson know you are going as he is, and definitely wants a convoy partner. Rob and Lynn for the Moke Club are also heading over. I'll keep you posted if able to wrangle.
Happy Mokin
Regards
Pete

1981 Californian 1275 Galv "Mighty Moke"

"Just because you're breathing doesn't mean you're alive!"

Newie

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 07:50:37 PM »
Split these posts out of the "Cool Kids List" thread so they're easier to find later and gives the SA folk a central place to make their plans.

I'll start a similar thread for the other states too

Newie

matpaul

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 12:52:26 PM »
Thanks, I think I've got a (an?) handle on who is going so far... Chris Jonas is also a maybe and I believe Col. and Barb. are intending to go.
My focus at the moment is to get my Moke ready to do the trip. I have a gearbox in bits at the moment and will be pulling others apart looking for enough good bits to build one good one (new bearings of course) the laygear I have is no good inside and a few other bits are looking a bit second hand as well. I have an engine in the machine shop at the moment. Hoping to get everything assembled and built up so it can go in as a complete unit and swap out the current unit which is down on compression, burning oil and slowly dieing.
Cheers,
Mat.
Cheers,
Mathew.

matpaul

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2018, 11:25:25 AM »
SA TMR 2018 convoy plans! Meet Sunday 21st October 8.30am Crafers Park and Ride, heading east via Tailem Bend, Pinnaroo, Ouyen etc. Currently 3 Mokes (one on a trailer). First overnight stop planned - Balranald NSW.
As a side note, I started my 'new' engine and gearbox for the first time at 6.15 this morning. Much later than I was planning but just so happy to hear it running, will be run on Dyno today to bed in rings. There have been many problems to overcome along the way and much work has gone into it but all looking promising at this stage.
Cheers,
Mathew.
Cheers,
Mathew.

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2018, 01:15:23 PM »
As a side note, I started my 'new' engine and gearbox for the first time at 6.15 this morning. Much later than I was planning but just so happy to hear it running, will be run on Dyno today to bed in rings.
Cheers,
Mathew.

I beat you by less than 24 hours. :) No fancy dyno stuff though, I just went for drive for a few hours. :)

Terry

matpaul

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2018, 07:51:20 PM »
Picked up a large amount of torque and power by having it tuned properly, although that wasn't my primary goal. It was lean at the top end and needed a different to standard needle for a rebored but pretty much otherwise stock 1100 engine. Costly but cheaper than having damage or issues due to incorrect mixture etc.
Cheers,
Mathew.

KMC

• Registered Member

• 2024 Moke Round Up

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2018, 11:37:30 PM »
Picked up a large amount of torque and power by having it tuned properly, although that wasn't my primary goal. It was lean at the top end and needed a different to standard needle for a rebored but pretty much otherwise stock 1100 engine. Costly but cheaper than having damage or issues due to incorrect mixture etc.
Hope you have a trouble free first journey!  :)

..KMC

2024 Moke Round Up Tamworth : www.MokeRoundUp.com.au

Pete Power

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• MIGHTY MOKE

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2018, 01:58:50 PM »
Great news Matt
Happy Mokin
Regards
Pete

1981 Californian 1275 Galv "Mighty Moke"

"Just because you're breathing doesn't mean you're alive!"

matpaul

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2018, 01:14:08 PM »
Everyone from SA is home safely...
From my perspective no major dramas along the way or at the event. Thank you to everyone for their part in making it an enjoyable experience. The event was great, the caravan park was excellent, the weather was kind to us... I really couldn't have asked for anything to go better or differently.
Great to meet everyone. Look forward to catching up again sometime.
Regards,
Mathew.
Cheers,
Mathew.

Newie

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2018, 08:11:00 PM »
Great to meet you and the other South Aussies too Mat.

Hoping everyone thought it was a worthwhile trip.

Got very lucky with the weather. Apart from a nasty late afternoon storm on Wednesday which had little effect on those already at the Round Up, but caught one or two still en route, the weather was nothing short of perfect.

A different story the week before when we had storms of varying ferocity almost every evening and nuisance showers through the days. The temps for the same period this week have been and are predicted to continue in the 35 - 38 degree range, which I think most will agree is a touch too hot for comfortable Moking, so looks like we lucked out there.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 08:33:32 PM by Newie »