Author Topic: Help needed for the Round Up fund raiser  (Read 679 times)

Newie

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• 2022 Moke Round Up www.mokeroundup.com.au

Help needed for the Round Up fund raiser
« on: October 20, 2018, 01:48:17 PM »
We will be running a fund raiser at the Round Up this year, with all funds raised going to a local community group to be put towards the drought relief effort so that we're directly helping the locals in the area we will be enjoying in our Mokes.

We have a couple of prizes lined up, but would really appreciate some more if anyone has anything that they can offer. More than happy to give credit where it's due to either individuals or businesses who are prepared to donate, or you can keep it anonymous if you'd prefer.

Doesn't have to be anything huge or expensive. The more prizes we have, the more winners we will have 😁

Offers of assistance to co-ordinate the fund raiser, or just help sell tickets during the event would also be greatly appreciated as KMc and myself tend to be rather busy during the event.

This is not something we've done since the 2010 and 2012 Round Up, partly because we haven't necessarily thought it appropriate to ask visitors to the area to raise funds for locals. After all, you're already all helping out the local economy just by coming along. In the current climate though (pun intended  ;)) there are some people in this area who are doing it pretty tough and our experience has been that those from more fortunate areas of the country genuinely want to help, so we thought we'd make the effort to give a little bit back to the area we've enjoyed showing Mokers around for the past eight years now.

Our intention is to revive the idea of The Round Up Roulette which many who attended the 2010 and 2012 events will remember. I won't go into the details here, but it makes an interesting game of it which is spread thoughout the event, rather than just running a raffle or something.

Offers of assistance can be either posted up here, or via PM with either myself or KMC.

Thanks

Newie

Peter

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Re: Help needed for the Round Up fund raiser
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 02:27:48 PM »
Steve
I'll throw in a couple of bottles of wine as one of the prizes

Peter
It is only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence.

Newie

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 02:59:15 PM »
Thanks Peter.

Great idea and much appreciated.

kell

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 06:33:47 PM »
G'day Steve
 I was at Mini Kingdom today getting a few things and I was talking to
John about the fund raiser at the Round Up you were doing for the farmers
and I asked him if he could help us out so he donated a 500 AMP
Smart Jump Start Charger it will do up to  3 Litre Diesel and 6 Litre Petrol Engines
it retails for around $120.00
Kell     

Newie

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 06:42:35 PM »
Very well done Kell and pass on our thanks to John next time you see him  8)

We've bought our share of stuff from him over the years, but not living in Sydney, it's all done either online or over the phone, so a bit hard to ask these sort of suppliers for donations, as they would not know who we are.

Thanks also to the other generous Mokers (some of whom are not even attending the Round Up) who have contacted us in various ways to offer donations. We are starting to accumulate quite a nice prize pool  8) 8) 8)