Author Topic: New Member Intro  (Read 674 times)

dwethera

• Standard
  • Registered Member

New Member Intro
« on: August 28, 2018, 11:27:33 AM »
Hi Moke forum. My wife has wife has always wanted a Moke. So on an absolute whim she went out and bought one. It can be driven but is currently not road worthy or registered. You are probably thinking "OMG you have no idea what you have got yourself into here". Partly true. I have in a much earlier stage of my life rebuilt a Cooper S from scratch. It was tears the day I parted with that car. So the Moke project is something I am really looking forward to. I have another project on the go ATM ( a motor boat ) but I am already planning the Moke project.

Our Moke is a 1975 model made in Australia. I think it has a 1098 motor but cannot be sure.

I am new to forums so this will also be a leaning process for me.

KMC

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

• 2024 Moke Round Up

Re: New Member Intro
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 04:49:52 PM »
Welcome dwethera, and thanks for the intro  :) .

There's good tips of how to use the Forum here : https://www.mokeforum.com.au/index.php?board=78.0 and https://www.mokeforum.com.au/index.php?board=77.0 , The second link is specifically a "how to" for posting photos.

If you've tried already to post photos, and had trouble, try again as I have changed your access to allow photo uploads.

Any questions, feel free to ask!

..KMC

2024 Moke Round Up Tamworth : www.MokeRoundUp.com.au

SuzukiMoke

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• Personal Text
    Awaiting next project
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 04:53:42 PM »
G'day and welcome - there's lots of local Moke knowledge around the Brisbane area and a number of active members. I'm sure any of us would be happy to help out (online or in person)  :)

Cheers Adrian

dwethera

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 05:56:58 PM »
I have a question about how and where to ask questions. "For example, the shifter cotton reel mounts on my Moke have failed. Are these sourced from someone like Blackwoods or do they come from Moke parts suppliers?"

Is this question started from the Moke Help folder thingy?

Sorry for the dumb question but I am a total social media retard. Not on facebook or any of that stuff so this is all a bit strange and new to me.

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 06:38:08 PM »
Hi,

you can either start a thread/topic in Around the Garage for your project and ask all your questions there and share photos of the problems and progress along the way or just put the question like in your example in the main Moke Help board and if we think there is a better place for it, we will move it later on once it is no longer active so it is organised for future reference.

Terry

dwethera

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 05:25:16 PM »
G'day and welcome - there's lots of local Moke knowledge around the Brisbane area and a number of active members. I'm sure any of us would be happy to help out (online or in person)  :)

Cheers Adrian

Thanks. Actually I would appreciate if there is anyone in the western suburbs of Brisbane who would like to come over and have a look over my moke with me. I know it needs work and it would make it a lot easier if I could scope it out with someone who has already been through this. The engine seems ok, but a lot of the rubber mounts are perished and it probably needs rewiring. Few rust spots but again generally seems ok.

If anyone is interested in a chat over a cup of coffee or beer my number is 0417 036 707.

Cheers,
David