Author Topic: Rylstone Classic 2019  (Read 587 times)

AlanS

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Rylstone Classic 2019
« on: August 21, 2019, 12:34:39 PM »
On the weekend 14 Mokes and 1 tin top a total of 24 people from Sydney Moke Owners Group (SMOG) attended the 9th Rylstone Classic
a 200 Classic car event mainly Mini’s starting from Mingara Recreation Club at Tumbi Umbi on the N.S.W Central Coast to Rylstone via Galston Gorge, Dural, Richmond and the Blue Mountains and then onto Lithgow and the destination of Rylstone in the central tablelands region of N.S.W . This year was a first for SMOG as we were not last to arrive and made our accommodation

before dark as we did not have to stop to attend to any Mini’s that failed to proceed forward as we had done so in previous years.

On the Sunday after the awards a few of the Moke’s headed for Mt Panorama for a drive around the mountain and a photo shoot with the rest of the Rylstone fleet and the rest of us took the scenic route home

stopping at Lithgow for lunch. The round trip was an estimated 700Km different for each participant but the weather was beautiful not the minus degree temperatures of the previous weeks and the company of the fellow Mokers was awesome and the scenery magnificent, the rooms were warm the food was hot and the beer was cold. All the cars performed brilliantly; I am sure all adventures had a great time as we have already booked for next year’s 10 anniversary as the accommodation becomes very scarce on that weekend.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 04:12:18 PM by AlanS »
I've told you a million times stop exaggerating!

Halfpint

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

• MOKE Pilot

• Personal Text
    It's not where you go, it's how you get there !
Re: Rylstone Classic 2019
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 01:08:05 PM »
Well done again SMOG’ies  :)

HP
The happiest of people don't always have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have.

KMC

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

• 2024 Moke Round Up

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 06:50:16 PM »
Thanks for the write up about a great weekend, Alan. It was a great run, and with no "fail to proceeds" to make us really late....apparently the first ones arrived in Rylstone less than an hour before we did  :D.

..KMC

2024 Moke Round Up Tamworth : www.MokeRoundUp.com.au

mellowyellow

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 08:46:11 AM »
Well done on the "Classic" mokers. We can't let those minis take all the glory.  ;)
I'll get there...one day.
1980 Moke Californian 1275 - The minibeast

Yellow Mokes Rule!

winabbey

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2019, 04:32:39 PM »
One of the guys on the Ausmini forum posted this link to the drone footage he captured during the event. He is happy for it to be shared widely.

https://youtu.be/B8EYb7-ebX0

AlanS

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2019, 07:57:53 AM »
Thank you winabbey for the link it is a different view of the day that's for sure I have copied the link and posted it on SMOG with credits to Simon 👍
I've told you a million times stop exaggerating!