Author Topic: International Moke Day 2018 - Sydney  (Read 625 times)

AlanS

• Standard
  • Registered Member

International Moke Day 2018 - Sydney
« on: September 14, 2018, 08:26:45 AM »
Hi Folks
There is only 3 Sundays to go until International Moke Day which is held on the last Sunday of September each year and is open to anyone who wants to participate. So I think it is about time we start talking about where we might be going, Sydney Moke Owners Group usually go for a drive in our Mokes last year we met up with the South Coast Moke's at Kangaroo Valley this year we will be heading North to Harrigans Irish Pub at Pokolbin in the Hunter Valley to hopefully meet up with some Moke's from Newcastle and the surrounding areas and yes we might be visiting a winery or two whilst there, see what the masses want. We will be heading up via the Putty Road and returning along The Great Northern Road & the Wisemans Ferry.
As always we are open to suggestions so please come and join us for a day out.

We will be staring at McDonalds Windsor,
Windsor Road (cnr, Groves Ave, Windsor NSW 2756 at
8:00am so we will arrive in the Hunter Valley around lunch time  :)

AlanS  :)
I've told you a million times stop exaggerating!

Newie

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• 2022 Moke Round Up www.mokeroundup.com.au

Re: International Moke Day 2018 - Sydney
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 07:16:03 PM »
Looks like a great run Al. A long run, but a great one  :D

I'd love to join you for lunch, but can't make any promises just yet  :-\

Newie

AlanS

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 09:58:26 AM »
 Hi all a bit of feedback after yesterdays IMD 2018 there were 8 Mokes that lined up at the start point at Windsor                                                                              but one Ian Free (Shorty) was only there to wave us off as he had gotten out of his sick bed to see us off                                                                                              (you can tell as he has long pants on ) and Quadra Moke had a mechanical mishap enroute which sent him back home                                         so off we went to Grey Gums CafĂ© at Putty                                                                                                     to hook up with David Wood from Newcastle and after a quick cuppa we set off for Harrigans Irish Pub at Pokolbin for Lunch and on arrival caught up with Marcello D'Ambra in his note a Moke  but we were greatful that he joined us. We arrived around 12:12 which was good timing as the place then began to pack out after lunch and the obligatory photo shoot                                                                                     off we set for home via Bucketty's Wall and St Albans                                                                                         before stopping at Wisemans Ferry for afternoon tea which was our last stop as a group as we separate at Maroota and go our separate ways home. It was a great day out with me travelling about 406 Km. The only mechanical mishap was Woody arrived at Putty without a oil filler cap and I lost a screw off my front number plate when on the dirt on the Wollombi Road resulting in me having to remove it which only required a short explanation when pulled over for a breath test at the top of Wisemans Ferry. It was a great day that was thoroughly enjoyed by all. 

AlanS  ;D  ;D  ;D

Newie

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• 2022 Moke Round Up www.mokeroundup.com.au

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 10:36:49 AM »
Sounds like a great day Al. Pity about Shorty and Quadra though...

I seriously thought about meeting you folks for lunch, but Cool Breeze is temporarily indisposed and needs to be in top form for Round Up  :-\

AlanS

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 02:10:35 PM »
Thanks Newie It would of been a long day for you if you had come down, but I think most of us would prefer you sort out Cool Breeze so you can show us around Tamworth as there is only 3 weeks to go now :)

AlanS  :D

mellowyellow

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2018, 04:17:14 PM »
Thanks for the write up Alan. Looks like a good run was had by all most. Sorry i couldn't make it.
The minibeast however, was fitted with a new windscreen washer bottle as an IMD present.  ;)

Mellow
1980 Moke Californian 1275 - The minibeast

Yellow Mokes Rule!