austmoke

Author Topic: Something new for the crafty folk on Saturday  (Read 123 times)

Newie

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• 2020 Moke Round Up www.mokeroundup.com.au

Something new for the crafty folk on Saturday
« on: October 15, 2018, 05:29:37 PM »
Just confirming our Saturday lunch plans in Nundle (which are to turn you all loose with the choice of three venues in town) with the local food outlets and the owner of the Gold Mine Cafe updated me on some new developments since I was last there a few months ago.

They have new owners since the last Round Up and have undergone quite a few renovations, which is nice but doesn't really concern us too much as it was quite good before  :).

The main change which may interest some folk, is that the new owners are interested in woolen crafts such as knitting and crochet and have converted the downstairs dining area/function room into a wool shop, focused mainly on knitting and crocheting etc supplies, but with a lot of crafty stuff in general.

There is also the Nundle Woolen Mill in town, which is still a working mill (on a part time tourist scale) but has quite a large shop attached containing both craft supplies (wool, needles, patterns etc) as well as a good selection of professionally produced woolen products - everything from jumpers to Ugg boots and toys.

In addition to this, there is an excellent glass art gallery, a significant size polished rock collection in the caravan park, several antiquey type shops, and last but not least, the local craft shop with handmade jams, knitting and all sorts of locally made crafty stuff.

To complement this range of shops,there are three good food outlets including the c1860 pub which is the centre piece of the town.

All of this set in the atmosphere of an old country town nestled at the foot of some pretty rugged mountains (which we will do a quick run into just before lunch), makes Nundle a great spot for our Saturday destination/lunch stop and is the reason we keep coming back there year after year.