Author Topic: TAMWORTH ROUND UP 2018 - All over and back home  (Read 1499 times)

kell

• Standard
  • Registered Member

TAMWORTH ROUND UP 2018 - All over and back home
« on: October 29, 2018, 11:41:13 AM »
G'day Steve and Greg
many thanks for a great Round Up we had a fantastic time and it was great to meet
everyone else that attended and the pubs we stopped at  for lunch served some great
tucker also the daily drives were great with some spectacular scenery on the way
thanks for all the time and effort you both put in
can't wait for the next one
Regards
Kell

mellowyellow

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Re: TAMWORTH ROUND UP 2018 - All over and back home
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 05:57:20 PM »
Mellow and the mini beast are back home safe and sound.  :)
Thanks again to all for another great roundup. Great organisers, great runs, great company, great Mokes.

Hope to catch up again on another moking adventure.
1980 Moke Californian 1275 - The minibeast

Yellow Mokes Rule!

Drakman

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 06:51:13 PM »
We second all of the above, we had a great time.  Can't thank you guys enough for the time and effort you went to so we could all enjoy our Moking.

This was our first Moke adventure, it was really great to meet everyone and put faces to names.  Perhaps the Mrs will actually come with me in the Moke next year?

Cheers

SuzukiMoke

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• Personal Text
    Awaiting next project
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 07:53:35 PM »
Many many thanks to the excellent Round-up team for a most enjoyable event. Suzuki Moke is back home and tucked away for the week. Itching to get going with the bucket and chamois but that'll have to wait. Forum name change coming up

Cheers Adrian

Dave G

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• Personal Text
    Dave's Moke
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 09:33:03 PM »
Once again hats off to Newie, Greg ,and the team for another fantastic Round up. .Well organised and smoothly run. I am also safely home and have even had time to do some bearing research. If you buy a bearing that has KOR then the number send it back or bin it. They are made in China and are absolute crap. BEWARE.
My Moke "Ensign"

jimwat

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2018, 03:53:24 PM »
Hi Guys,

I support all of the above comments, there can be no higher praise for your efforts in Tamworth and putting the week together. Steve Greg Matt Michael, and anyone else involved deserve all of the commendations for a fantastic (first for me and my group) Round-up.

Home safe, new tyres on rear (due to my drama on way home) and looking forward to another run soon. Steve, hope you got your voice back and feeling better.

Thanks Heaps, Jim & Bernadette and Paul & Sue
Jim

moke

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2018, 11:53:34 AM »
A big thanks to organizers Steve, Greg, Michael, Matt and also Sue for the catering (and anyone else I missed)
Had a blast and was good to meet lots of new friends and catch up with some old ones.
Traveled home in convoy with LotaMoke/WakerleyMoke/SuzukiMoke/LanceArmstrongMoke without any issues apart from the freezing cold traverse of the range.
Now sitting at home with the Flu and wondering when the date for the 2026 event will be known as I am keen to attend this octennial event again (and yes, I did have to Google that).
Cheers All!
Dean
It's hard to leave when you can't find the door - Joe Walsh

Mazy

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2018, 02:42:19 PM »

"We had a ball in Tamworth,
      Incogneato and Mazy....
 While one Moke drove home dirty,
      The other one got lazy!"
;)

Mazy

Newie

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• 2022 Moke Round Up www.mokeroundup.com.au

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2018, 07:20:18 PM »
Thanks very much for all the kind words folks. Really glad that you all enjoyed yourselves - that's our number one objective!

Whilst we put a lot of work into it, the whole thing only comes together into the popular event that it is because of the fantastic people that come along with their Mokes.

The great drives and lunch venues are certainly a popular part of the event and we hope enable some people to see some sights they would not otherwise get to, as well as using their Mokes in ways they would not be able to (or game to) without the group support. We have long since realised though, that the thing that really makes the event is the people!! It's all the chats sitting on Moke guards at the various rest stops, or with a beer or wine at the end of the day at Moke Central that have people coming back time after time. Greg and I can't take credit for that.

We also have help from others such as Michael, Sue (who organises the nibblies each afternoon and cooks breakfast for the campers each morning) and Mat who helped out big time with the fundraiser this year, which turned out to be way more work than we anticipated. Peter H makes the pre-Round Up workload lighter by helpng with sorting out the goody bags. On top of these though, there were many who were more than happy to help out in little ways. You would not believe how much pressure it takes off us knowing that we have people we can rely on to tail up a group at the last minute, or help get someone back on the road. Even offering to pick up a few drinks for the next day while they're doing the shopping for their own dinner can save us a lot of time and gives us a chance to take a breath here and there.

We'll be doing it again of course, so pencil in October 2020 for the next one (it's a biennial event Dean! The way others have done it is to turn up every two years, not come once, then talk about maybe coming again for six years before finally making the second one  :P)

Finally, while we really appreciate your thanks and the fact that you all have a good time, our secret is that we have a selfish motivation - we really enjoy ourselves too  ;D although I'm still trying to catch up on lost sleep - and I didn't even travel far to get there.

Newie

KMC

• Registered Member

• 2024 Moke Round Up

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2018, 09:24:22 PM »
Echo everything Newie just posted.

Thank you to everyone who supported us and helped make the event enjoyable for all - that’s all we want (as well as enjoying ourselves  ;) ).

..KMC

2024 Moke Round Up Tamworth : www.MokeRoundUp.com.au

Moke My Day

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2018, 10:41:10 AM »
Maybe the last to return home, well maybe not as just realised that another Moker is still travelling around trying to find its home.
 M-ute all good back at Shearwater and keen to lock in 2020.
Thanks to Steve, Greg and Michael for another great event and all other Mokers for attending.
Until we meet again.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 08:06:59 AM by Moke My Day »

Pete Power

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• MIGHTY MOKE

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2018, 04:53:53 PM »
Oh dear Mazy, hopefully nothing serious?
Happy Mokin
Regards
Pete

1981 Californian 1275 Galv "Mighty Moke"

"Just because you're breathing doesn't mean you're alive!"

Halfpint

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

• MOKE Pilot

• Personal Text
    It's not where you go, it's how you get there !
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2018, 11:23:47 PM »
Maybe the last to return home, M-ute all good back at Shearwater and keen to lock in 2020.

Glad to hear it.  :)
The happiest of people don't always have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have.

KMC

• Registered Member

• 2024 Moke Round Up

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2018, 12:42:15 PM »

2024 Moke Round Up Tamworth : www.MokeRoundUp.com.au

SaharaDust

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2018, 08:37:21 PM »
We finally made it home Thanks to everyone involved in another great Roundup

Need to give the Moke and trailer a quick race over with a damp rag before going back in shed Then ready for next adventure 

Cheers