Author Topic: 1980 Gal Moke Roll Bar dimensions  (Read 646 times)

Conrod

• Standard
  • Registered Member

1980 Gal Moke Roll Bar dimensions
« on: November 09, 2018, 01:12:03 PM »
I need the height of a standard 1980 Moke 4 point roll bar at the front end. From side panel to top or floor to top....what ever you can easily supply.
Original roll bar was modified/shortened to fit beneath my Canopy Industries hard top. I'm not going to use the hard top any more as I'm not a gymnast. It's too hard getting in and out of it. Cheers.
Moking is not an Elf Hazard

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

Re: 1980 Gal Moke Roll Bar dimensions
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 05:54:18 PM »
Hi,

measured from behind the centre of the drivers seat the distance from the floor to the top edge of the factory roll bar is 830mm give or take a couple of mm's

You mention your hardtop is a Canopy Industries roof, could you send me a picture of the badge or identification if it still has it on the roof, thanks.

Terry

Conrod

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 11:13:51 PM »
Hi Terry, my roll bar has been cut down and is 815mm from front mounting plate to the top of bar. I was expecting you to say 915 or something similar from the side pod and a lot more from the floor.
Here are a couple of photos of the canopy with Canopy Industries name etched in the side glass. It is a Canopy Industries 'Challenge' model. The glass tailgate is removed as the glass self destructed one night. It has the spare wheel well (with a drain) on the roof as seen from underneath in the photo.Sorry the photos are not too great.

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 05:02:17 PM »
Hi,

not sure what I was looking at the other night in the dark but measured just now it is 1225mm from the floor to the top edge of the bar and 880mm front the front mounting plate across to the bottom edge of the bar just past the radius measured at about 2-3 degrees off vertical if that makes more sense.

Thanks for the pictures. :)

Terry

Conrod

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2018, 07:17:41 PM »
Thanks Terry, The floor to top measurement makes lots of sense. Thanks.