austmoke

Author Topic: new member intro  (Read 108 times)

Neils74

• Standard
  • Registered Member

new member intro
« on: November 17, 2018, 11:01:01 PM »
Hi I am Neil, I have just bought a 1974 Moke. the engine is a bit smokey but the body is good. someone has cut 4 inches out of the rear subframe to fit wider wheels so I am going to get that all back to original. I will strip it all down and sandblast it and build it back up nice and shiny again :) My 9 year old son Aiden has chosen light blue and I think I will look for some Sunraysia mags too. I have a house in Woodvale near Bendigo and I will be moving my hoist and my mini's down there in a few months. In the meantime I will get a bit done at work in Robinvale. I have a 74 mini sedan that is on club rego and a 74 mini van in a million bits so I was wrapped when I got my hands on a cheap 74 Moke to complete the family. I hope to meet some other Moke owners and get to cruise around. I go to Mildura a bit too and like to get involved with the Mildura Mini's group. There's a few Moke owners up there with some really nice Mokes too. We had a sweet red Moke come along on our last Mildura cruise, it had a fresh 1275 in it with a 2 inch exhaust and sounded sweet. I have put a couple of pics in my gallery as I haven't worked out how to attach them to messages yet.

Cheers, Neil
there is no such thing as too many projects :)

Neils74

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Re: new member intro
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 07:30:41 AM »

Picking up my moke on Friday

A family of 1974 models

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 09:21:40 AM »
Hi,

the extra bit of leverage must be really stressing the bearings. :)

Terry
Cujo. 1999 - 2016

Neils74

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 09:26:46 AM »
Hi Terry, yes that was my concern also. I am going to get it all back to original. I am not sure if they would be legal nowadays either.