austmoke

Author Topic: 10" X 5.5" ALLOYS....RUBBER TO SUIT?  (Read 200 times)

Baggs71

• Standard
  • Registered Member

10" X 5.5" ALLOYS....RUBBER TO SUIT?
« on: November 25, 2018, 08:02:30 PM »
Hi peeps

Trolled the search function and came up with a little but not much

As of tomorrow (fingers crossed )..ill own a small wheeler 66....pretty stock....the picture in my gallery and my avatar depict the 66 gulf replica...with 10" alloys....

My intentions are to speak with online shops like minisports here in South Oz and possibly purchase their 10" alloys....

My question to the peeps of vast knowledge....to gain the look of beastie alloys 10" with low profile rubber....what tyre size am im to look for to get that look?
Ps...my beach out front is a drive on beach thats hard at low tide....so please concentrate on the question at hand and not the ability of my driving hahahah

Thanks for any suggestions in advance

Baggs

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

Re: 10" X 5.5" ALLOYS....RUBBER TO SUIT?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 08:44:33 PM »
Hi,

you have just missed Minis at the Mill in Birdwood which would have been a good chance to see what people have under their minis as they're more inclined to have 10" rubber on their cars.

If you go each Manufacturers websites you can normally search by rim size and you can see what options they each have.

And finally you have the option of buying rim and tyre packages from the UK or maybe the US that might work for you.

If the plan is to drive on the beach then avoid the really low profiles, you will need to drop your tyre pressures to run on the sand and you don't want to be pinching the tyres on the rims.

Terry
I'm not questioning your powers of observation; I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is.

Cujo. 1999 - 2016

Baggs71

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 09:14:27 PM »
Thanks and will do....its a hard beach....but yes i agree about footprint etc...i spend a couple of months a year traveling the outback....so very aware of prifile vs sand etc...appreciate the heads up on where to look

Pete Power

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• MIGHTY MOKE

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 12:30:52 PM »
Minisport are bringing in a fairly big range nowdays, good spot to start.
Happy Mokin
Regards
Pete

1981 Californian 1275 Galv "Mighty Moke"

"Just because you're breathing doesn't mean you're alive!"

Baggs71

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 12:43:37 PM »
Thanks pete!