Author Topic: Thoughts on this Moke?  (Read 492 times)

Kenningtons

• Registered Member

Thoughts on this Moke?
« on: December 10, 2018, 02:01:04 AM »
All:

This one is available right now on eBay USA, and Iā€™m interested to hear your thoughts. It appears to be a Cagiva?

eBay item number:302977505819

Thanks,

Paul.
ISO: RHD Moke with automatic transmission.
ā€˜85 Land Rover Defender 90 V8 SW

Nick

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Re: Thoughts on this Moke?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 09:11:30 AM »
Paul,

I'm sure others know more about it than I do, but it looks to me like a Portuguese Moke built after Leyland / Rover shifted production there towards the end of the Moke's life in Australia.  I don't think it is a '78 model though, as that would make it an Australian produced vehicle - it is a '87 model going by the ID plate (Rover reversed the year digits in the VIN for some strange reason), which looks right as somewhere around the mid 80s Rover went to 12 inch wheels and back to the flat rear panel. 

Nick

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 11:41:36 AM »
Hi,

I agree with Nick, it is not an Australian '78 Moke.

It looks like a pretty paint job, but the advert says there are problems with it. There are side box covers missing, why would you not put them on to take a photo of the car if you want to sell it. The underside photo and engine suggests that it is just a pretty paint job and the stupid looking way the wheel guards have been extended but left the rubber spats on the original guard makes me wonder about the quality of the work.

At 2.5 hours to go it is at $10,000 with 42 bids so not a bad price, but expect that you will need to do some work on it, so beware when the bidding starts going stupid.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1978-Austin-Mini-Moke/302977505819?hash=item468addda1b:g:VCsAAOSwdHpcADhQ:rk:1:pf:0&vxp=mtr

Terry
Cujo. 1999 - 2016

Kenningtons

• Registered Member

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 12:42:10 AM »
It sold for $13, 301USD. I went to 13. Kicking myself now. Thanks guys.
ISO: RHD Moke with automatic transmission.
ā€˜85 Land Rover Defender 90 V8 SW