• Registered Member

Bay run
« on: January 01, 2019, 12:59:40 PM »
Hi
    Is there a bay run this year?
Anyone have details?
The moke needs a good run.
It's never had a run with other mokes.
So i thought it would do it good to have a run with the herd.

Halfpint

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

• MOKE Pilot

• Personal Text
    It's not where you go, it's how you get there !
Re: Bay run
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 01:15:43 PM »
Hi T.O.M.
Just got an email this morning with details for the MOA Bay in a Day run.
Check you're emails, let me know if you need any more details.
Wish I could make it, just cant  ::)
Cheers
HP
The happiest of people don't always have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have.

T.O.M

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 01:43:32 PM »
Oh
Didn't know it was a MOA event.
Not a member.

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 01:47:41 PM »
Hi,

The Bay in a Day is on this Sunday, the 6th January and non-members are welcome on most of the MOA trips. BiaD was originally organised as  a Forum run, like the xmas light tours started by GS Moke, but over the years it has become a regular on the MOA calendar as well. I think it is the eleventh or 12th run this year.

Details of the run....

The first Moke trip for 2019 is the annual Bay in a Day run down the Mornington Peninsular keeping as close to the water as practical, taking in the sights and smells that is Port Phillip Bay. I am going to try a few new things out this year so read carefully and best to pack a light lunch, snacks and drinks as stopping for lunch near shops tends to be problematic this time of year so we might be eating on the run.

Click here for a map of the route for the day.

Starting point is the usual spot outside 92 Beach St, Port Melbourne site of the old London Hotel from 8:30 onward with departure at 9am.

Following Beach Rd our first pick up point will be opposite Watkins St in Aspendale just south of the Doyles Bridge Hotel at the usual spot for those that have played with us before. This will be a flying pick up so expect us to go past just before 10am., if you are running late, you will need to catch up along the way to Mornington.

A leg stretch, morning tea and toilet break is the first stop at Flinders Drive Mornington near the public toilets that we have stopped at in previous years and we may pick up a couple of more Mokes here.

With the water on the right side again we are heading for the main break at the Sorrento Beach carpark which is to the west of the entrance to the Ferry Terminal at Sorrento. As usual parking an unknown number of Mokes can be an issue around Sorrento this time of year so if there is really no chance of us all parking and getting our feet wet, the fall back is under the trees around at the footy ground like previous years.

We will be at one of these locations between 12 and 12:30 if you want to drop in for a sticky beak.

If you want to stay with the Moke Express for the afternoon activities we may head across to Crib Point to see what is left of a car show that is happening there and then on up to Tyabb to check out the The Vintage Shed to see what junk collectables are on offer. And then a quick squirt up the road to try out Pooh Bears favourite at Pure Peninsular Honey for a sticky finish to the day.

If you plan on joining us along the way, send a SMS with where we can expect to find you before 9am and just join in as we go past.I tend not to look at the phone whilst driving so if you want to be involved, let me know your plans early.

Start the day with a full tank of fuel, all slip, slopped and slapped up and don't forget to carry some food to munch on and H2O. :)

I have already had a few of the regular faces confirm their attendance and the weather forecast is looking good so hopefully we might see more than the 22 odd Mokes that turned up last year.

Terry

0409 942 896
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 01:57:23 PM by Terry »

Dale

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• Personal Text
    It is better to burn out than slowly rust away.
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 04:05:28 PM »

Scott Wright
4 hrs
Saw a great convoy of Mokes out on Beach Road, Melbourne this morning. Was a great sight when I was struggling on my bike.

Saw this post on Facebook this morning
Dale
Yesterday's History. Tomorrow's a Mystery. So live for today.
Carroll Shelby
1981 Californian, Maggie Moke

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2019, 08:24:43 PM »
Hi,

it was a good day out.

Started off the day with 9-10 Mokes in Port Melbourne and picked up anther two in Aspendale and then 3 more at Morngington. Two more after we left Morngington and another one or two closer to Sorrento. The local beach house brigade boosted the numbers up to around 27-28 at one stage. Too buggered to unload the camera tonight but we did managed a photo shoot with 24 Mokes at the end but some had already left.

It really was good to see it well supported and even the run home still had about 10 Mokes in the convoy.

No breakdowns and no-one backed into any Porsche's this year so very well behanved.

Terry

Halfpint

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

• MOKE Pilot

• Personal Text
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2019, 10:25:31 PM »
Thats a great turnout Terry.

Hope we see some pics soon  ;) 8)
HP
The happiest of people don't always have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have.

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2019, 09:40:01 PM »
Hi,

for those who just look at the pictures.....

Terry
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 09:45:18 PM by Terry »

Halfpint

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

• MOKE Pilot

• Personal Text
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2019, 10:52:19 PM »
for those who just look at the pictures.....
Hey, thats me  ;) ;D
Thanks Terry, Great looking Mokes  8), and would have looked tops driving in convoy around the Bay.
HP

Pete Power

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• MIGHTY MOKE

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2019, 02:17:05 PM »
Wow great turn out.  8)
Happy Mokin
Regards
Pete

1981 Californian 1275 Galv "Mighty Moke"

"Just because you're breathing doesn't mean you're alive!"