Author Topic: Hello- New member  (Read 270 times)

Collcars

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Hello- New member
« on: January 11, 2019, 10:14:46 PM »
Had a Moke many years ago, gave it away to a friend, regretting that mistake!!, bought another one
9 years ago but need to get it on the Road, 1981 Californian, need to find some one in Melbourne that can repair or patch the floor , beyond my capabilities.
Also trying to find out what size engine it has, I have not been able to find any info on the engine number other than it is a replacement engine, Engine number is RKM1114E-71—.
Any help appreciated
Phillip

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

Re: Hello- New member
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 02:40:17 PM »
Hi,

I have upgraded your account so you can now put a photo or two in the gallery of the engine and we might be able to identify it. A picture of the rust repair might also be good too.

Terry
Cujo. 1999 - 2016

Collcars

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 08:37:48 PM »
Thanks,

I have added some photos to the gallery.

inserted images...terry
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 10:42:50 PM by Terry »

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 08:51:57 AM »
Hi,

if you look in to the side boxes along the inside edge has the rust eaten holes that allow you to see the ground?  I am trying to work if the rust is just in the 'triangle' or if it extends into the boxes. From the pictures it could be repaired with a patch on the top and one on the bottom if the boxes are still solid so it is not an overly difficult job.

Do you have any pictures of the engine to share that might help us tell you more about it?

Terry
Cujo. 1999 - 2016

Collcars

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 08:52:02 PM »
Thanks Terry,
No it hasn’t eaten into the Boxes, I did post a picture of the engine in the gallery.
thanks Phil

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2019, 12:52:31 AM »
Hi,

the engine looks like a late model 1275 that has been imported from England or maybe japanese half-cut Mini which were a popular source years ago. It would be similar to what was in your Moke originally but the metal badge with the engine number says it is not original because the Factory fitted engines in Australia were stamped.

Terry
Cujo. 1999 - 2016

Collcars

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2019, 08:24:48 PM »
Thanks Terry,
Good news to hear it is probably 1275, need to find some one that can patch the floor, suggestions welcome

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2019, 08:56:33 AM »
Hi,

is it on its wheels or the body separate?

On its wheels makes it easier for some to move around but if the body is separate you tend to get a better job from someone if they can use it on a rotisserie and turn it upside down.

Have you asked around any local panel repair shops? I know someone who used a mobile car welder/repairer who would come to his house to do the repairs I could maybe find his number for you.

Terry
Cujo. 1999 - 2016

Collcars

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2019, 09:07:19 PM »
Yes it is on wheels, I’m sur if I put a battery and fresh fuel I could drive it out of the shed,
Last time a gave a small car restoration job to a local company they took 5 years!!!