Author Topic: wheel offsets  (Read 154 times)

ratty

• Standard
  • Registered Member

wheel offsets
« on: February 06, 2019, 06:20:12 PM »
Gooday all
Long time since I've posted, but still alive and kicking.  Looking at getting some wheels for the mokes. I can decide later which ones will stay on the moke I will keep. Ideally will need to fit over 8.4inch disc brakes.  The wheels on my blue moke will fit over disc brakes and are sunraysias although this moke only has drum brakes. The yellow moke project is going to get all the goodies so either I get wheels so suit the disc conversion for that or swap over the sunnies from the blue moke.  I was banking on getting some sunnies from minisport but they are no longer getting them in stock (bugger!) so that's not an option anymore. So if I go to mags, I need to know what offset will be suitable for a disc brake setup. The offsets available seem to be either E10 or E25. I'm sure that somebody has already gone through this so would appreciate any info. Not all that worried about whether they will stick out a bit but obviously they need to have clearance for the disc brakes.
Cheers ratty
Where do all the little tubes go from CRC can ?
Blue moke
Yellow moke
Subaru Forester

Drakman

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Re: wheel offsets
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 08:23:09 PM »
Ha, I'm just in the process of working out what wheels i can fit.  I am looking at 14 x 6 ET 25, fitted with 185/70/14 will give me the same scrub radius as the standard wheels and will move the rim out 2 mm from the suspension and about 14mm out of the guard.  Finding a set is proving a little harder than i thought.  Performance make them but surely there are others out there other than superlite style.

KKB MOKE

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 09:40:11 PM »
tire size.com has a tyre size comparison which will show where tyres and rims of different size and offset wil sit.
Start with standard 5" with + 33 offset and compare with the rim width with + 25.
You will need to indicate the tyre size as well.

KKB MOKE

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 09:44:15 PM »
Use a web site tire size.com.
You can enter existing tyre and rim and compare with new tyre and rim with +25 offset.

Sorry for the duplication.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 09:45:51 PM by KKB MOKE »

Drakman

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 08:36:05 AM »
I have been using "Wheel- Size.com" it seems pretty comprehensive.

Google it and you should find it ok.