austmoke

Author Topic: Blinker nogo  (Read 203 times)

mokebloke

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Blinker nogo
« on: February 23, 2019, 03:18:01 PM »
I have a blinker one side but not the other. Can a blinker unit work one side and not the other? I would have thought if it is blinking then the can itself is OK? Stalk is good I have another that works and results are the same with both stalks.
We have LED's on the back, when it blinks it flashes pretty quick but still usable.
The flasher can itself is a 3 pin one, Moke is a 1979 model.
Can no good?
Earth problem on the left side?
Any other possibilities?
Old Fart

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

Re: Blinker nogo
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 07:02:17 PM »
Hi,

if you only have LED's on the back, check the globe on the front of the side not working to see if it is not blown.

here are some nice little diagrams on this page that describe how your 3 pin can should be wired up, http://www.derek.com.au/flasher.html

Are you using a test light or a multimeter to check where you have and don't have power?

Terry

I'm not questioning your powers of observation; I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is.

Cujo. 1999 - 2016

mokebloke

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 09:15:05 PM »
Thanks Terry, I have been using a test light but will try a multimeter tomorrow. We do just have LED's on the back, I will look at globe on the front.
Old Fart

mokebloke

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 01:27:49 PM »
Found a blinker wire broken where it joins there indicator bulb that goes into the speedo, joined it blinkers all good now  ;D  Forgot to take multmeter to work so couldn't check little regulator on the top of the speedo,
still have problem with fuel and temp not indicating. I have a spare speedo so will take regulator off that n try.
Working behind the speedo awkward especially with wild spaghetti wiring, I can see why people modify the face so you can pull it off alone instead of taking half the dash out.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 01:31:03 PM by mokebloke »
Old Fart

Pete74

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2019, 10:26:57 PM »
Mokebloke, I had issue with my fuel gauge a while back. Turned out it was the plastic float had a hole in it and filled with petrol. It can be fixed if that is the issue. Let me know if you would like details how i repaired the float. Dont want to hijack the thread.

mokebloke

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 09:13:29 AM »
Thanks Pete, I think it's an issue with the regulator as I'm not getting any coolant temp either. Hopefully get back to Moke next week to see what's goen on.
Old Fart