Author Topic: Long trips on club rego  (Read 489 times)

M.Aziz

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Long trips on club rego
« on: March 26, 2019, 09:11:52 PM »
Hey All,

My brother and a friend are planning a trip on their motorbikes and im hoping to join them with the moke if i can.
Just wondering are there any restrictions to using a club registered vehicle for say a trip 1000km from Sydney and back.
So long as a i fill in the log book pre-departure i dont see how there could be any issues?

I will also need to check if my shannons comprehensive policy covers me, it will be log booked but not club days and as its a fair way out of Sydney i would need to check there arent any KM restrictions.
Some commercial policies i have seen only apply within 500km of Sydney but cant find this in mine.

Cheers,
Mus

jimwat

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Re: Long trips on club rego
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 10:16:47 PM »
I'd be surprised if such a rego restriction applied but might be something our trippers to Moke Roundup can answer as many would have travelled or driven their Mokes more than 1000kms to be there and may have checked. I towed mine then drove I around many of the Runs. Got to be honest, if my insurer put such a restriction on I would be insuring with someone else.
Jim

yellaterra

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 11:27:45 PM »
Most mokes on club rego are covered for these type off trips. In Victoria we have 45-90 day club regos, each day is covered for 24 hrs on your permit. My comp insurance is with racv it is veteran and special vechile insurance it covers me for 10’000km per year anywhere in Australia. I’m sure Shannon’s is similar cover for your club permit moke. 2000km is a good trip so you shouldn’t have any problems just make sure you log each day you are on the road. Have a great adventure.

M.Aziz

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 06:07:00 PM »
Hey All,

Just an update they settled on a destination (Broken hill) but it requires 600km days for 4 days.
As i can't convice them to change the route im not really comfortable doing such high Km's on a newly rebuilt engine, taking the fact that i have no roof and the car is not yet fully tested into consideration i will just stick closer to home for the time being i think.
On a side note what is the service requirement for a newly rebuilt engine. Drain and replace oil at first 1000km is all thats needed?

Cheers,
Mus

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2019, 08:49:51 PM »
Hi,

you may also like to recheck the head bolts/stud around the 1000km mark as well unless the head gasket you fitted specifically says not to re-torque.

Terry