Author Topic: Far North Queensland Moke  (Read 476 times)

Cosmoke21

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Far North Queensland Moke
« on: June 05, 2019, 08:21:24 PM »
Gday all, been reading this forum for quite a while. I find it highly informative.

Thought I'd better  start contributing. So here we go.
Ive been interested in restoring a Moke for quite a while 10 plus years, when I figured it was time to actually do it, after much reading, studying what is involved ect.

So after much searching around I found a pretty decent 81 Moke. I was only interested in a roller, as I wanted to put a new powerplant in from one of the reputable vendors.
So it came with a powerplant ect, which I'm about to send off for  exchange on a newly rebuilt 1100 "race engine" I simply don't know enough about engines to start fiddling around with these. So a drop in unit is perfect for me.

I'm about half way thru I guess, with the front rear subframes, suspension, brakes all refurbed or replaced. I put the 8 inch disks on the front and refurbed the drums on rear, with all new fittings, same fro all bearings subframe fittings ect. The subframes are painted using the KBS system, with their instructions to the letter. Came up great.

So this is basically a full nut bolt rebuild, the body, which I done a couple of repairs to. The drivers side floor replaced and a piece where the spare wheel flogged out with a new piece and a doubler to ensure it wont happen again.

Currently Mokey, my little friend is at the body shop getting new paint. I had the body sand blasted, and came up very nice. The body was in really good shape.

Ill try and post some pics

Cheer

Matt

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

Re: Far North Queensland Moke
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 09:07:29 PM »
Matt,

welcome.

I have updated your privileges so you can post photos now.

Terry

Halfpint

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

• MOKE Pilot

• Personal Text
    It's not where you go, it's how you get there !
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 09:26:29 PM »
Welcome aboard Matt,
Sounds great, and I look forward to seeing another nice Moke back on the road.
And ask away if your not sure about something, the "Now where did this bit go"   :)
Lots of helpful Mokers here  ;)

Cheers
Halfpint
The happiest of people don't always have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have.

Cosmoke21

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 06:50:21 PM »
Thanks man, will do. I have heaps of questions. I usually find the answers here.
Fortunately I have been fairly disciplined in the most part at taking photos before I disassemble something.

I will ineviatably have questions tho. Went to the body shop to check progress today all is looking good in 2K primer. Although the after market bonnet skin is giving then a hard time, exactly why I left it for them.

how do I post pics?

Matt

Halfpint

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

• MOKE Pilot

• Personal Text
    It's not where you go, it's how you get there !
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 07:02:21 PM »
Here you go Matt,
Maddog has put this together.
https://www.mokeforum.com.au/index.php?topic=7527.msg87529#msg87529

Should get you going. Once you set up your gallery, it gets easier to upload.
Cheers.
HP
The happiest of people don't always have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have.