Author Topic: Big Boys Toys Expo and 1st Classic Car Show  (Read 637 times)

AlanS

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Big Boys Toys Expo and 1st Classic Car Show
« on: August 27, 2019, 01:14:07 PM »
Big Boys Toys Expo and 1st Annual Classic Car Show
Last weekend a small group of 5 Sydney Mokes took the 360 Km round trip to Newcastle after being invited to attend the 1st Annual Classic Car Show at the Big Boys Toys Expo in Broadmeadow

8) Here we are safely tucked up for the night in the underground parking at the Blackbutt Inn at New Lambton which by the way has a live band that plays till MIDNIGHT  :o even if you do have to get up at 5:30 am for a 7:00 am bump in at the Show at least they were really good as I had to listen to them because my room was directly above the stage.

In total 9 Mokes attended as the organiser didn't bring his Moke to make the 10 cars he was after because he said he was to busy to scratch himself over the 2 day event but non the less we had 5 out of Sydney 1 out of the Central Coast and 3 out of the Greater Newcastle area.

By all accounts the Expo was great success and the car show was brilliant with many great machines attending and the Mokes garnered a great deal of attention with a few sit down conversations and details swapped.All the Mokers present had a great day   and a few new mokers now wanting to connect up and get out a bit more in their cars  :)

Oh and Deanne Cole's yellow Moke Queen Bee won "Best Ride" category of the show "the judge who was biased towards Mokes said it was because of her crochet spare wheel cover " Really did he not see my Tyre Black ::)

On the way home we stopped for fuel at Wyong Twin Servos and were spotted by a bus load of Taiwanese Tourists (sorry best photo we got but they got heaps) ;D
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 01:18:03 PM by AlanS »
I've told you a million times stop exaggerating!

KMC

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

• 2024 Moke Round Up

Re: Big Boys Toys Expo and 1st Classic Car Show
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 04:10:12 PM »
Thanks for the write up and pics, Alan.  :)

..KMC

2024 Moke Round Up Tamworth : www.MokeRoundUp.com.au

mellowyellow

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Re: Big Boys Toys Expo and 1st Classic Car Show
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 12:59:36 PM »
Looks like a fun weekend. If only I'd known....
1980 Moke Californian 1275 - The minibeast

Yellow Mokes Rule!