Author Topic: Just bought a Moke - a plan 49 years in the achievement.  (Read 742 times)

Peter_n_Margaret

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Re: Just bought a Moke - a plan 49 years in the achievement.
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2020, 09:14:15 AM »
The non original front seats are from a Suziki (I was told) and they have slides. That lifts them 40mm higher than the original seats and that gets the driver's/passenger's heads 40mm closer to the roll bar..
The engineer requested that I pad the roll bar, which I did by wrapping it with 25mm of EVA75 closed cell foam.

The heater/demister had been removed. I installed the fan (without the heater box) and the ducting to the windscreen. No one queried that.
Cheers,
Peter
New Moke owner. Lots to learn.
Exploring Australia in a DIY OKA motorhome.

Peter_n_Margaret

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Re: Just bought a Moke - a plan 49 years in the achievement.
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2020, 10:40:14 PM »
Earlier in this thread I posted a pic if our Mini 850 negotiating a big bull dust hole north of Coober Pedy on our honeymoon in 1967.
Well, we spent a little time in company with a Moke along the way there and I have just found a pic of it.
Our Mini is waiting its turn behind.
There were 2 blokes in it. I can't recall where they were going or where they came from, but they did say that it had been extremely hot for a couple of days and they had struggled to keep the engine cool towing the trailer, then the radiator had frozen over night.

Cheers,
Peter
New Moke owner. Lots to learn.
Exploring Australia in a DIY OKA motorhome.