Author Topic: Won’t Start  (Read 1335 times)

Ribs

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Re: Won’t Start
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2019, 10:56:53 PM »
Got you. Brushed up on YouTube.
I cleaned the rotar arm put everything back. I also think someone had tampered with the firing order.
Smiling like a cat because she’s running.

I then try and reverse out of the garage and I can’t get the gears to shift into any gear.
When the engine is off, the gears shift through the gear box. When the engine is on I can’t put any of the gears in. When I force into reverse the car stalls. Any ideas guys?

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2019, 11:24:16 PM »
Hi,

You will probably need to adjust the clutch which is normally quite simple process once we know what sort of set up you have.

Do you have something like this in the engine bay;

Or something like this;

Terry

Ribs

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2019, 01:55:08 AM »
Hi Terry,

It’s the 1st one. how to I post images on here so I can show you.

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2019, 08:45:29 PM »
Ribs,

In the picture if you follow the vertical arm down to just before it disappears behind the cable you can see a a small bolt coming out of the clutch cover pressing up against the arm with a small nut tight against the clutch cover.

You need to first pull on the arm, pulling it away from the engine or clutch slave cylinder, and see how much space you have between the arm and the head of the bolt I mentioned above. If you have more than .5mm or the thickness of a playing card then it needs adjusting. If you already have just that little bit of space between the bolt and the arm when you are pulling on it then you have another issue.

To adjust the clutch if it needs it, you undo the nut(7/16 spanner/wrench) on the bolt to unlock the bolt. Then use the same spanner/wrench to turn the bolt anti-clockwise until you get that playing card gap when pulling the arm away. The spring keeps it tight, so you are just pulling against the spring. Once you have the gap, tighten up the nut to lock it up and this stops the bolt from moving.

Now try your gear change again with the engine running.

Try the first post in this board, https://www.mokeforum.com.au/index.php?board=77.0 for uploading photos onto this forum.

Terry