Author Topic: 123  (Read 352 times)

Drakman

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« on: October 06, 2019, 10:00:59 AM »
I finally decided it was time to get a decent distributor, i bought a Chinese electronic one when i rebuilt the engine.  Hey it was cheap! and as they say a poor man pays twice so now i have a very nice , shiny even, 123 with 16 different advance curves to play with.  The computer/phone and bluetooth distributors are way out of my league.

Does anyone have any favourite advance curves for these?   I started with number 5 and went from there to 9 now i am on the D curve and the engine seems to like D.

I read somewhere that the C curve is the old Cooper S curve but that it was not very good for any engine.

Cheers
Dave

Halfpint

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

• MOKE Pilot

• Personal Text
    It's not where you go, it's how you get there !
Re: 123
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 07:41:23 AM »
Very nice 8) You wont regret it.
Did the 123 come with the curves printed or recommendations for matching a curve to the engine?
I have the CSI in both of mine, not as many curves to choose from but they work well.
Any dizzy with out points has to be better in my opinion. Years of messing around with points is long behind me now.
Cheers
HP
The happiest of people don't always have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have.

Drakman

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Re: 123
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 01:35:22 PM »
Hi Halfpint,

Yes it comes with a list of curves broken down into 4 sections of 4 curves and on a separate page there is a list of what curve is standard for every Mini engine, even by engine number prefix for some.

I thought the same about electronic ignitions, no points to burn out or close up, that and the cost is why i bought the el cheapo Chinese one.  The difference between the Chinese one and the 123 is night and day.  I just wish they weren't so bloody expensive!