Author Topic: Thoughts on this Moke?  (Read 446 times)

Kenningtons

• Registered Member

Thoughts on this Moke?
« on: October 16, 2019, 12:31:28 PM »
All: USA eBay item number:283642454331

He wants $20,000 USD for it.

1967 Austin Mini Moke, Garage Kept. Good condition GAS Vehicle. Over $7,500 spent in restoration. New suspension, breaks, & fuel tank. Comes with two canvas tops. Full roll cage and roof supports (slightly bent). Steering wheel column is missing cover. 5 speed manual transmission.

Registered in Florida as HISTORIC.

This is not one of the new, electric vehicles made in China. Buyer responsible for shipping/delivery.
‘79 Moke Californian
‘85 Land Rover Defender 90 V8 SW

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

Re: Thoughts on this Moke?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 03:08:05 PM »
Hi,

it might not be electric but it is one of the Chinese Mokes and probably comes from Bill in North Carolina who was selling them a few years ago and had a nice pretty blue one in all his adverts. It would be no older than 2005. The Austin badge looks to be a Seat Belt compliance badge, but someone that know more about what  UK badge should look like can tell you more.

5 speed manual is probably counting the reverse gear and the position of the gear stick suggest the gearbox at least is from a Mini which has it mounted further back than a Moke.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Austin-Mini-Moke/283642454331?hash=item420a68613b:g:KD0AAOSw9RZdo3jo

If you want to learn more about how to spot them then have a read of this, https://www.moke.com.au/about/identifying-mokes/528-identifying-chinese-moke-body

Unless it is close enough to go and look at it, I wouldn't be thinking about buying it just on the photos and the sellers dubious claims.

Terry
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 03:18:42 PM by Terry »

Kenningtons

• Registered Member

Re: Thoughts on this Moke?
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 12:43:55 AM »
Thanks Terry, I really appreciate your input. I’ve heard enough about Bill that I’m very hesitant to do business with him.
‘79 Moke Californian
‘85 Land Rover Defender 90 V8 SW