Author Topic: Moke Projects for sale  (Read 145 times)

JamesSB

• Registered Member

Moke Projects for sale
« on: December 09, 2019, 06:30:12 PM »
Hi everyone,
I have a school project for the holidays which involves me rebuilding or completing a car (hopefully a Mini Moke). I was wondering if you could help me and if anyone knows someone who has a project car that they had given up on and was planning on selling. If you could help that would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
James

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

Re: Moke Projects for sale
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 09:24:09 AM »
James,

A Moke is not just for Christmas. :)

If you have a desire to have a Moke for the long term then maybe getting one for a holiday project is a good idea, but for a school project a Moke is probably not the best option as they are not cheap anymore as some people have a sentimental value attached to the Moke while others are just unrealistic.

For a school project car get something cheap and readily available like a Hyuandi where you can get a complete car near roadworthy for under $1000 and the wreckers are over flowing with parts for them.

Terry
I'm not questioning your powers of observation; I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is.

Cujo. 1999 - 2016

jps201250

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Re: Moke Projects for sale
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2019, 05:18:52 PM »
The comments made by Terri are very factual as it takes many hours of hard work and dedication to carry out any level of vehicle restoration.
If you were in Newcastle you would be welcome to spend some time with me working on a Mini which restoration has just begun, the shell is due to be grit blast w/b 6 January after which I will be doing some rust repairs and body work all in readiness for painting later in the year.
Should you be in the area and wish to call in give me a call John 0408 431 807