Author Topic: Bay in a day  (Read 596 times)

T.O.M

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Bay in a day
« on: December 28, 2019, 06:34:18 PM »
Anyone have any info about the bay in a day run.
Times,meeting point, route,etc

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

Re: Bay in a day
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 09:01:45 AM »
Hi,

all the same as last year really.

9am start, arrive a bit earlier, meeting on Beach St Port Melbourne, between Princess St and Stokes St.

Following the beach as much as possible.

Pick up at Mordialloc around 9:45'ish

Toilet stop/leg stretch at Flinders Drive , Mornington around 10:30

End point is going to be either the Sorrento Footy ground under the trees like most years or maybe Fort Nepean in the car park on Danson Drive near the Quarantine Station.

Terry

T.O.M

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2020, 10:32:21 AM »
Thanks

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2020, 02:17:36 PM »
Hi,

The annual Bay in a Day Moke  cruise down to the Mornington Peninsular is on this Sunday where we try to keep as close to the water as practical to provide an opportunity for people to get out in their Mokes. This year the end point is going to be the Old Quarantine Station at Point Nepean so and best to pack a light lunch, snacks and drinks as we wont be stopping nears any food outlets.

Click here for a map of the route for the day.

Starting point is the usual spot outside 92 Beach St, Port Melbourne site of the old London Hotel from 8:30 onward with departure at 9am.

Following Beach Rd our first pick up point will be opposite Watkins St in Aspendale just south of the Doyles Bridge Hotel at the usual spot for those that have joined us before. We should be there  before 10am., if you are running late, you will need to catch up along the way to Mornington.

A leg stretch, morning tea and toilet break is scheduled at Flinders Drive Mornington near the public toilets that we have stopped at in previous years and we may pick up a couple of more Mokes here.

From here on there are no more planned stops until Point Nepean so if you want to meet us along the way, just join in as we go past.

The lunch stop will be near the Information Centre at Point Nepean in the car park on Danson Drive where people can have a look around the Old Quarantine Station buildings and or catch a bus to take in the sights around Fort Nepean. We should be there by about 12:30 - 12:45

For the return trip there are no plans this year, so we will just make it up on the day once I know who wants to do what.

If you plan on joining us along the way, send me an SMS before 9am with where we can expect to find you and just join in as we go past. Of course I don't look at the phone while I am driving so if you don't want to be left be behind let me know before 9am.

Start the day with a full tank of fuel, all slip, slopped and slapped up and don't forget to carry some food to munch on and some H2O. :)

With about 25  Mokes joining us each last year it is normally a good chance to check out a lot of Mokes we don't normally see.

Terry

0409 942 896
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 02:24:11 PM by Terry »