Author Topic: SafariMoke new to the forum  (Read 359 times)

SafariMoke

• Standard
  • Registered Member

SafariMoke new to the forum
« on: February 27, 2020, 08:22:40 AM »
Hello Mokers!

My first car at 18 was almost a Moke but the spaghetti-wiring I was seeing frightened me off and a bought a little Suzuki 4x4.  A picked up my '77 Moke about 10 years ago and have used it as my daily for about a year then for weekend runs with the kids to soccer and netball.  Its been off the road for a while due to some serious engine trouble but working on rectifying that now along with a modest restoration.

Will share photos once I work out the gallery.

@Moderators, I cannot see anything on my screen that leads me to the gallery - do you need to push a button for me?

Cheers all.  Dan

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

Re: SafariMoke new to the forum
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 10:21:39 AM »
@Moderators, I cannot see anything on my screen that leads me to the gallery - do you need to push a button for me?

You should see the Gallery along the black menu line now.

Terry

SafariMoke

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2020, 10:27:36 PM »
I was surprised to find how few photos I've taken of my Moke in the near decade I've had her.

Most of the half-decent photos are lo-res from the ad when I purchased the car...

Halfpint

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

• MOKE Pilot

• Personal Text
    It's not where you go, it's how you get there !
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2020, 10:42:14 PM »
Hi Dan, Welcome aboard.
Its funny how you realize how few pics you keep until you start looking for them.And the mascot, bet he's a laugh a minute  :)
Anyway, nice Moke by the way.
Cheers
Halfpint
The happiest of people don't always have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have.

SafariMoke

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2020, 12:50:39 AM »
Hi Dan, Welcome aboard.
Its funny how you realize how few pics you keep until you start looking for them.And the mascot, bet he's a laugh a minute  :)
Anyway, nice Moke by the way.
Cheers
Halfpint

Thanks Halfpint. The kookaburras are out of control around here.

Those photos are a few years old and since then the old girl has had her share of mechanical problems. The photos hide some of the sins of a myriad of half-baked restorations. This Moke was originally Jade Green. Then sky blue. The navy blue. And more recently white. There was overspray on everything from the last paint job - all the rubbers and lamp housings. Doing some work to make good on this one with my brother who is much more mechanically minded than I am. I mostly enjoy the drive!