austmoke

Author Topic: Wellington Vintage Fair 2020  (Read 159 times)

AlanS

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Wellington Vintage Fair 2020
« on: March 03, 2020, 08:58:06 AM »

Sydney Moke Owners Group travelled to Wellington NSW to participated in the Wellington Vintage Fair and Swap Meet and also the Inaugural Wellington Vintage Fair and Swap Meet Car Rally (Observation Challenge ) and SMOG took home 4 of the cash prizes (1) Car that travelled the furthest to be there,Queen Bee from Jerrabomberra (2) Most original answer to a question, Shorty(can’t remember the question but his answer was go your own way.  (3) The most messiest returned answer sheet Uncle Malcolm trying to drive and write at the same time (4) Equal last for wrong answers Mini13r how that happened has us all stumped as he was on CB radio so the rest of us must have been pretty ordinary. Also one of Smog members won first prize in the Rotary raffle draw congratulations all who participated we were all winners 
We then travelled via Mudgee, Lue, Rylstone to Kandos on our way home to pay for our accommodation at the Kandos Railway Hotel where we have booked out the whole Hotel for the 10th Annual Rylstone Classic in August 
846 Km round trip for me from Ryde in Sydney for the weekend great weekend great people thank you all that were involved.
As a foot note I will add I did all this in my wife’s Corolla as Pegasus my Moke is undergoing a major engine overhaul as is the Malcolm’s Moke from Temora so he brought along his Gemini Sandpiper and Shorty’s Moke the Boss just woke up angry that day so he just left it at home because the last couple of years has shown the  weekend is just too good to miss.

Sorry for the long post it was too good not to share

AlanS :)
I've told you a million times stop exaggerating!

Halfpint

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

• MOKE Pilot

• Personal Text
    It's not where you go, it's how you get there !
Re: Wellington Vintage Fair 2020
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2020, 07:35:57 PM »
Thanks Alan,
Glad you all had a good and fun run.
Weather looked kind for you all as well.

Keep up the good work with the SMOG.

Cheers
HP
The happiest of people don't always have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have.

Newie

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• 2020 Moke Round Up www.mokeroundup.com.au

Re: Wellington Vintage Fair 2020
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2020, 09:05:41 PM »
Thanks for the great report Al.

I'll have to try to make it along to this one year

Newie