Author Topic: Dad's Gal Moke  (Read 1795 times)

Sharks

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Re: Dad's Gal Moke
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2020, 08:57:03 PM »
I have to give Dad that. Galvanising the Moke was a godsend. The thing will still be here a hundred years from now. It's not a perfect finish (which can't be said for yours - I do very much like that blue) but it is very durable.

Halfpint

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

• MOKE Pilot

• Personal Text
    It's not where you go, it's how you get there !
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2020, 07:53:06 AM »
Both Mokes are looking great and getting closer to completion.

Cheers
HP
The happiest of people don't always have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have.

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2020, 09:12:46 AM »
Hi,

for both Mokes make sure you put the steering racks in before you try and mount the subframes. I can't see it in the pictures.

They look pretty.

Terry

Sharks

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2020, 10:17:06 AM »
Thanks, Terry. I can see how that could have been painful!

Still have to sort out some rubber grommets, brake lines, etc. before the subframe goes in. Getting closer every day.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 08:12:51 AM by Sharks »

Mission

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2020, 07:31:46 PM »
I hear you Terry, have the steering rack reassembled and painted ready to go, and the wiring loom straight after that. But I think I had better rivet the Vin plate in straight away before I loose it again.
Any other advise please, I am all ears thanks.

Sharks

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2020, 05:18:04 PM »
The long weekend was spent finishing up the front subframe assembly and preparing the engine bay for the subframe to go in. The steering rack was cleaned up and regreased, and has been installed (thanks, Terry!)

Some brake lines to bend up and we will hopefully have the front subframe in and wheels on next weekend ;D

Sharks

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2020, 08:12:39 AM »
Now we're getting somewhere. Started the day yesterday with a Moke up on stands with no front subframe, ended it with a Moke on wheels ;D

Halfpint

• Forum Support Group
  • Registered Member

• MOKE Pilot

• Personal Text
    It's not where you go, it's how you get there !
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2020, 06:11:56 PM »
Looking really good after putting in a few good hours of work ( Lots of hours preparing everything though  ;))
Cheers
HP
The happiest of people don't always have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have.

Sharks

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2020, 07:54:13 AM »
Thanks HP. Lots of hours have gone into it, yes! Glad to be seeing something for our work :D

Misson, that's looking really good! I haven't actually got the handbrake cables in yet as we couldn't thread them through where they needed to be without the suspension being compressed a little. Now that it's on the ground and the cones are more squashed we will be able to put them in, so if your question hasn't been answered by that time, I'll let you know.

Sharks.

Sharks

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2020, 10:07:04 PM »
Looks amazing, Mission. A brilliant machine.

We are making slow progress on the wiring, and have bought even more parts. Decided to go LED, so all the lights, fuses, relays etc. need redoing. At this rate, you might yet overtake us!

Keep up the good work,
Sharks

Sharks

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2020, 10:46:35 PM »
Great work Mission. Sucks about the brakes.

We've done some sandblasting and painting over the last few days.

The pedalbox has been done up & put back in, and now we're battling with the plumbing too.
We bled the clutch and got it working last night after leaking a bit of fluid all over our newly painted subframe. Now that the fluid has been cleaned up and we've finished doing up the break booster, we're trying to bend up the pipes for the brake system.

When I finish bolting on the steering knuckles, we will probably roll ours into the sunlight too!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 10:50:31 PM by Sharks »

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2020, 01:21:26 PM »
Hi,

post regarding Mission's restoration can be found in his own thread, https://www.mokeforum.com.au/index.php?topic=14013.0, however it was not possible to separate all references so there is the odd comment in this thread referring to something in the other thread and vice versa.

Terry

Sharks

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2020, 09:47:02 PM »
It's been a while - we've been busy doing all the nitty gritty bits that you don't see much for. Lots of wiring and plumbing.

Today we got the steering column back in, so we pulled it out of the shed for the first time since the front subframe was removed months ago. Cleaned it up and it's starting to look like it might nearly be getting somewhere ;D

Thanks to everybody for helping us get this far!
Sharks