Author Topic: Canopy straps and fittings  (Read 502 times)

Mission

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Canopy straps and fittings
« on: April 21, 2020, 04:52:39 PM »
Can a member please post some photos of how the two canopy straps that run from the windscreen frame top, to the back of the tray over the three bows attach front and rear. I have searched the web and manual drawing but cannot see how the straps actually attach to the frame and the lip at the back of the tray.

Many thanks

Pete Power

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• MIGHTY MOKE

Re: Canopy straps and fittings
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 02:58:12 PM »
At the front mine have a brass eyelet that fits over the longer Lift-the Dot Studs.
On the rear my straps have seat belt type buckles that fit over the Lift-the Dot Studs
Rear shown here.

The straps are riveted to the hood bows when they are positioned where required.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 03:00:37 PM by Pete Power »
Happy Mokin
Regards
Pete

1981 Californian 1275 Galv "Mighty Moke"

"Just because you're breathing doesn't mean you're alive!"

Mission

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 04:37:46 PM »
Peter

Many thanks for that, I could not find that info anywhere, so my windscreen frame should have two longer" lift the dot" studs. Have you seen the same attachment  method on other mokes ?

Jim

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 05:53:01 PM »
Hi,

on the windscreen the double height Lift-a-dot for the second one in from each side is the normal factory method.

For a nice paint job, like Might Moke, I would definitely not recommend that seat belt metal on paint bracket solution shown in Pete post, however it does allow you to easily remove the entire assembly if you want to go naked.

A Moke I recently had fitted with a new canopy came back with this set up which is a very nice solution over the two screws in the vertical part of the rear panel. On this Moke the normal mounting point interfered with the number plate trim.

Terry

Mission

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 08:31:09 PM »
 Terry

I am learning more about it now that I have seen two methods. I will have to dig out the window frame and look for two longer studs. I getting this organised before I paint the whole shebang, and the blue of your moke is almost identical to what mine will be.

Thanks
Jim

winabbey

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2020, 07:22:44 AM »

Mission

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2020, 08:03:40 AM »
Winabbey

Thanks for that, I had already seen it, but the drawings are really only help for dealers who have the kit in their hand with all the parts already. The photos from members have been most helpful, I guess the windshield strap attachment is similar to the rear.

Jim