Author Topic: Correct Cali Bumper angle?  (Read 319 times)

Canadian Moke

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Correct Cali Bumper angle?
« on: May 09, 2020, 05:20:25 AM »
My 82 Californian Moke has some slightly...’massaged’ bumpers.  I will be replacing the upright sections that connect under the subframe but am unsure what the original angle of tilt is on the bumpers.  Does anyone have an original spec set that they could measure for me?  I know they lean out away from the Moke but I can’t figure out what the angle is.

Thanks, Tim

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

Re: Correct Cali Bumper angle?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 11:27:54 AM »
Hi,

over the years the front bumper got more and more vertical and by 1982 the top loop of the bar is almost touching the headlights. If your bumper is leaning away from the Moke then you probably don't have a 1982 bumper as they were pretty close to head lights lights at the top.

I started an article on the Californian Bumpers, in 12014,  that can be found, https://www.moke.com.au/in-the-garage/body/513-californian-bumpers

Terry
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 11:50:31 AM by Terry »

Canadian Moke

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Re: Correct Cali Bumper angle?
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2020, 12:22:42 PM »
Thanks for the info Terry.  I guess mine is kind of in the middle of the two in your article.  My upper bar leans in a bit like the late ones, but overall the bumper still leans out.  I guess this will become ‘owners choice’.  What about the rear bar?  We’re there differences in lean for them over the years?