Author Topic: My First Moke  (Read 609 times)

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

My First Moke
« on: May 16, 2020, 06:09:57 PM »
Hi,

here is a thread for people to share a picture of their first Moke.

To start the ball rolling this is my first Moke, circa 1990, as it is being unloaded from the Motorhome I purchased that had it in the back, you can just see the rear door and bumper. It is a 1973 or '74 which had an 1100. I still have the Moke and the engine in a shed down the back but a few bits were transferred to the next Moke, DS around 1994. The body has a lot of bog in it so I reall only used it for about 4-5 years. With the way it came out of the Bus it was called Thunderbird 4.

Terry
Ps.  And for anyone who noticed the dog in the background, no it is not, but it is strange just how similar it is. :)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 06:13:02 PM by Terry »

Samm

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Re: My First Moke
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 10:16:12 AM »
Where it all began Terry!

Thanks for sharing. My Moke is my first and only road going Moke so not overly worth the share but keen to see where others began!

Samm

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 03:50:19 PM »
Where it all began Terry!

Thanks for sharing. My Moke is my first and only road going Moke so not overly worth the share but keen to see where others began!

Samm

Some of us may know your story but I think other people would still be interested to see where it all began for you. Maybe the owner before the guy you bought yours off will come out of the wood work. :)

Terry

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 07:24:18 PM »
Hi,

doesn't anyone else have a picture of their first Moke to share? :)

Terry

Moke 71

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2020, 08:18:05 PM »
I am still struggling to deal with that hair and can’t believe you’ve been sporting the Seinfeld white sneakers since the 90s
Moke 1971
Moke 1976 - Daily
Moke 1978 Californian
Moke 1979 - AKA Thomas
and too many round nose minis

Ruablvr2

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2020, 08:53:27 PM »
Hi Terry, This is my first Moke. Only bought it a few weeks ago. For a 42 year old car it is in nice original condition. Only been for a short drive in it so far as it has been sitting a little while and I had to order some parts to make it road ready. As you can see it was lovingly looked after by the one lady owner that has had it from new. She was driving it till she hurt her shoulder about 6 years ago and now has given me the privilege to buy it off her. Looking forward to some warm weather so I can get out and about in it.

Sharks

• Standard
  • Registered Member

• Personal Text
    The truly galvanised Moke
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2020, 08:57:26 PM »
Hi!

The cream coloured moke in the background was Dad's first moke. Sold it many years ago to some blokes in Castlemaine.

But here's the kicker, and I've been keeping it reasonably under wraps until now. Some weeks ago Dad and I went on quite the road trip to pick up this one - the next project, and my first Moke ;D

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2020, 09:38:16 AM »
I am still struggling to deal with that hair and can’t believe you’ve been sporting the Seinfeld white sneakers since the 90s

Good fashion never goes out of style and as for hair, some people have it and others don't. :)

Terry
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 07:32:10 PM by Terry »

yellaterra

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2020, 12:56:02 PM »
     My first and still current moke was purchased in pieces in 1998 from the centre of Wa. The original 998 engine lasted until my first attempt at attending The Moke Muster in Victoria. So, the rebuild began?.......A 74’ Moke Panel truck...5 speed 996cc Suzuki Swift engine on Lpg.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 06:38:40 PM by yellaterra »

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2020, 04:38:48 PM »
Hi,

YT, your 998 lasted a bit longer than you think as the first Moke Muster was in 2006. :)

anyone else like to share their first Moke story?

Terry

yellaterra

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2020, 05:54:02 PM »
Thanx terry.    Adventure before Dementia.      YT did finally make the 2011 Moke Muster at Wagga Beach Nsw.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 09:22:31 PM by yellaterra »