Author Topic: Leyland Motors  (Read 344 times)

sandgroperone

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Leyland Motors
« on: June 01, 2020, 02:48:34 PM »
Hello Mokers,
 For some time now I have been researching Leyland Motor Vehicle Sales Center at City Automobiles situated at 123-129 William Street Sydney form 1980 to 1983.
My interest is focused on passed photos or promotional information of this Leyland Sales Center.
In 1983 the three vehicle used for promoting Leyland production where Auctioned off the showroom caracals.
The vehicles I've been told where as follows , 1 Leyland P76 , 1 Triumph Stag , and 1 Leyland Red Moke Californian.
( I know from the Gurus of The Forum that Californians where only produced for a short time in the 70's but this Moke was produced when Leyland was closing shop so promotion was the game.)   
Any photos or archival promotional information would be much appreciated.
I have an email address but would rather go through feed back from the Forum.
Proud Australian Moke Forum member ( Sandgroperone )

Terry

• Custodian
  • Registered Member

• Serial Moke Offender

Re: Leyland Motors
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 04:58:55 PM »
( I know from the Gurus of The Forum that Californians where only produced for a short time in the 70's but this Moke was produced when Leyland was closing shop so promotion was the game.)   
The Export Californain was made int he early 1970's but the Californian name was used again from 1977 to 1983.

I went back to have a look at your previous thread about your Moke and although the compliance plate doesn't have the 'F' indicator to designate the higher level of trim the actual Moke has all the good bits and by the end of production they were probably all sold as Californian. :)

Still haven't seen any photos of the carousel yet. :)

Terry

sandgroperone

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Re: Leyland Motors
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 04:28:30 PM »
Hi Terry ,
Thanks for the feed back.  Before I post photos , would like to see if any member can recall the City Automobiles sales areas with the vehicles I mentioned . I was going to try the P76 club members , maybe one of them might recall the Auctioning of these vehicles of that year.